1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manly MUST secure juniors

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by maxta, Jan 25, 2016.

1. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,355 / 56
    Exciting times with some massive new key signings in 2016....
    Still feel at this point in time, need to lock in Turbo boys & Knight long term.
    Roosters & others are already sniffing around & would like to see these future stars locked in for 4-5 years.
    With retirement there abouts with some current gun players, there will be money & wiggle room to inject more big names by 2017/18, but would really defeat the purpose if we can't secure these & other local juniors for the future.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    Failure to secure the futures of the players you mention would be a huge sin!! We have lost key members if our grand finalists Holden cup team and even worse let a winning coach go. This is urgent that these kids are secured Long term asap!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Briza

Briza Active Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 15
    Definitely agree that succession plans should be in place for the future of the club, the player mentioned above are a ingredient to this.
    THE one danger of demanding immediate success is the club putting all their eggs in one basket( 2016/2017 super 17).
    I Believe in Bozo, and have faith that he signs these future stars long term asap.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Retention of juniors is a two way street. You can't make them stay for unders, this is their livelihood. Likewise the club can't be drawn into paying overs just because they are a junior.

This is one of the reasons the salary cap needs urgent work. There should be incentives for clubs to keep juniors and develop them. Fans love seeing local products make good and have long careers with their clubs. At the moment the NRL don't give a flying about that.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,842 / 103
    A junior will stay for 'slight' unders. Playing for a team you've always supported and living in a familiar area does count. It's not all about the money.
    I'd hate to see us become like Doesn'tmatta and fail to recognise the talent of juniors and pay overs for imports.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. lulubelle

lulubelle Active Member

Ratings:
    +160 / 16
    Knight will be gone. Heard straight from roger ramjets mouth.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,801 / 122
    What the...?
    Well if this is true I change my opinion of him
    Vastly overrated.
    (lol)

8. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    @Roger_Ramjet our very own Roosters troll ? or someone more reliable ?

9. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,801 / 122
    I assumed lulu was suggesting that is Liam's nickname, could be wrong.

10. lulubelle

lulubelle Active Member

Ratings:
    +160 / 16
    Just always thought he reminded me of roger Ramjet!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. maxta

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,355 / 56
    Good evidence suggests Roosters have been making a play for Knight for almost 2 years without success, by trying to add him to the Lawrence deal is more proof he is secured, at this point to Manly.
    I like that Rooster approach though...."we would like to sign a bloke who has been injured 12 months & hope he comes good here....oh & while your there could you throw in that boom future international forward thanks"

12. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,265 / 131
    Are you serious that he has gone?

13. Hgbcds

Hgbcds Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 44
    Boom future international! Good player but that's a big call

14. Brookvale2015

Brookvale2015 Active Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    I have a feeling that young Liam has joined the roosters, they wouldn't keep coming back after 2 years of the answer no, Liam obviously wants to leave manly or roosters have been working with Liam over 2 years to get him released, they are desperate but surely manly learnt from letting go JWH but I feel it's to late

15. maxta

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,355 / 56
    It is & was meant that way.... Realistically has massive potential but is a long way from that status atm...just kind of putting it out there that I found the Roosters approach a bit rich....maybe could have gone with...."yes I'll have a Cheeseburger....& could you throw in a Lobster Mornay as well please"
    Personally do rate him though & believe potentially, could go all the way with good ethics & barring injury.

16. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    What did he say?

17. lulubelle

lulubelle Active Member

Ratings:
    +160 / 16
    Manly keep making promises that they are going to make offer but haven't. He suspects they can't given they still have to offload players. He is being courted by 3 clubs and is hoping to receive firm offer this week.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. maxta

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,355 / 56
    So he ain't gone yet....even if this speculation was true.

19. andyvb

andyvb Active Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 32
    A roosters supporter claims that he knows the knight family, and they have said they aren't happy with manly! I hope this isn't true, we need to keep knight at manly! Please don't grill me it's just what I have heard

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. SeaEagleRock8

Ratings:
    +6,801 / 122
    If you don't want to be grilled don't come out with half-baked rumour ;)

• Agree Agree x 1