Manly must re-sign Brett Stewart, says Arko

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
simon_eagle said:
BOZO said:
The Godfather is right , get the checkbook out Mr Perry

Arko is talking as if he was running the club with an open chequebook back in the day. We are not a bottomless pit these days and there is a salary cap to contend with.

Alzheimers !!

Mate you bring alot of positive stuff to this
Place and im sure we all appericate it.

But that sort of comment about Ken Arthurson is not kosher at all.

Cam, I've got as much respect for Arko as anyone but given his comments and the current circumstances I think that's an apt attempt at humour.

Why would anyone say give him what he wants with out knowing what he is asking. Remember Ritchie wrote this crap and zorba is trying to help get his(snake) money and contract up.

Snake is very good but he has injuries and age going against him this contract. He needs big money due to the court cost but we did look after him for a long time when he didn't play. Where is the loyalty that beaver showed to the club by playing for less and staying with the club that has supported him.

Just putting it out there.

lovefooty said:
Why would anyone say give him what he wants with out knowing what he is asking. Remember Ritchie wrote this crap and zorba is trying to help get his(snake) money and contract up.

Snake is very good but he has injuries and age going against him this contract. He needs big money due to the court cost but we did look after him for a long time when he didn't play. Where is the loyalty that beaver showed to the club by playing for less and staying with the club that has supported him.

Not sure you can judge people who want to give Snake whatever he wants, when you're very quick to question Snake's loyalty.

On the one hand you question why people want Manly to give Snake whatever he wants without them knowing what he wants, but on the other hand you are questioning Snake's loyalty without knowing what he actually wants.

I'm throwing it back.

Volley said:
lovefooty said:

Not sure you can judge people who want to give Snake whatever he wants, when you're very quick to question Snake's loyalty.

On the one hand you question why people want Manly to give Snake whatever he wants without them knowing what he wants, but on the other hand you are questioning Snake's loyalty without knowing what he actually wants.

I'm throwing it back.

I am glad that Perry and Toovey are doing the negotiations with him and not people that will just cave in when there is talk that he may go else where.

That is the problem we as supporters don't know exactly what Brett wants contract wise. I am hoping some common ground can be found e.g. If Manly agrees to a 4 year deal, Brett agrees to take a bit less per year dollar wise.

I'd be happy at 275k - 325k per year for four years, or 366k - 433k per year for three years.

Ends up the same money.

Offer a STEWART brothers package deal.

It is a tricky one deciding on the merit of a 4 year deal to Brett Stewart. I’m glad I’m not deciding on it.

But if I was CEO for a day and it is true that current negotiations have agreed on the $$ but not the term of 4 years, as a compromise I would consider offering a 4 year deal to Brett only if it was inclusive of a package deal for both Brett and Glenn.

Therefore, bring Glenn’s contract negotiation forward a year and try to sign them both for 2013-16. At least then the risk of the 4th year for Brett is offset by retaining Glenn.

Quite frankly I would be concerned if their agent didn’t want to consider such an offer.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Offer a STEWART brothers package deal.

It is a tricky one deciding on the merit of a 4 year deal to Brett Stewart. I’m glad I’m not deciding on it.

But if I was CEO for a day and it is true that current negotiations have agreed on the $$ but not the term of 4 years, as a compromise I would consider offering a 4 year deal to Brett only if it was inclusive of a package deal for both Brett and Glenn.

Therefore, bring Glenn’s contract negotiation forward a year and try to sign them both for 2013-16. At least then the risk of the 4th year for Brett is offset by retaining Glenn.

Quite frankly I would be concerned if their agent didn’t want to consider such an offer.

Strangely enough they have different agents.

lovefooty said:
Volley said:
lovefooty said:

I'm throwing it back.

I am glad that Perry and Toovey are doing the negotiations with him and not people that will just cave in when there is talk that he may go else where.

Way to miss my point.

Cameron said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
simon_eagle said:
BOZO said:
The Godfather is right , get the checkbook out Mr Perry

Arko is talking as if he was running the club with an open chequebook back in the day. We are not a bottomless pit these days and there is a salary cap to contend with.

Alzheimers !!

Mate you bring alot of positive stuff to this
Place and im sure we all appericate it.

But that sort of comment about Ken Arthurson is not kosher at all.

Omg surely you are kidding .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7