Manly members not renewing - Rabbitohs on the verge of new membership record

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Who said:
Few points in response to the many posts:
1. I paid $47 for two to attend a movie recently. THAT is expensive.
2. Someone said Souffs had a good ground to watch their games at. THAT is just dumb. Who would serious prefer to watch a match at Olympic Park instead of Brookie?
3. Agreed the membership kits are becoming similar. For me the hat, stickers and season's stick-on draw are all the extras needed.

Could not agree more. With the amount of fair weather supporters Manly appears to be accumulating we'll be watching our team run around in the NSW Cup before too long.

$30 for a kids membership is reasonable in my opinion. I have 2 kids who have these memberships & they'll probably only go to about 3 games but it's still good value. What does $30 buy you these days at the shops? Not much in my experience...

For me im out at brisvegas and only get an opportunity to see one home game of manly per year and if I am lucky two away games gc & Brisbane. So really the reason why I dont take the country one is that its back to front ( offering two home games). Unfortunately I can not commit to two trips to sydney. (bring on the broncs btw)

If it were say a one home and one away package I would be, or even a no frills one. So as you can tell for some supporters we are better off buying tickets on the day.

In a couple of years when im back in manly I would certainly be joining up but.

deadlyeagle said:
For me im out at brisvegas and only get an opportunity to see one home game of manly per year and if I am lucky two away games gc & Brisbane. So really the reason why I dont take the country one is that its back to front ( offering two home games). Unfortunately I can not commit to two trips to sydney. (bring on the broncs btw)

If it were say a one home and one away package I would be, or even a no frills one. So as you can tell for some supporters we are better off buying tickets on the day.

You, and others can still buy a 'supporters wings' membership though.

That way you're still a member...etc.

(just in case you didn't know).

That's what most of us overseas hobo's are.

Here's an interesting fact for you all.

Of Souths current Members, only 13,500 are ticketed. Over 10,000 are supporter Members with no game access! These memberships cost close to $100 each.

For me this highlights a huge difference in the perceived value of Membership between clubs, and how some clubs have been very successful at communicating how important Members are to the long term viability of their team.

Larissa said:
how important Members are to the long term viability of their team.

^ this is the bottom line.

You want to have a team to support tomorrow. Then become a member today.

Bloody hell...I'm on fire.. There's another slogan for you Larissa. ;)

Memberships are still a relatively new idea for most fans; the Clubs and the NRL have only taken it seriously in the last few years.

It'll be a very slow and gradual process to build up the numbers.

Hey Larrisa instead of having 10,000 people paying $100 for non ticketed stuff why don't you offer a special 100 memberships @ $1000 each "Premium Wings" with something special for those punters.

Mals said:
$30 for a kids membership is reasonable in my opinion. I have 2 kids who have these memberships & they'll probably only go to about 3 games but it's still good value. What does $30 buy you these days at the shops? Not much in my experience...

For kids 4 and over, yes. Junior tickets are $14 so membership is great value. However, it's hard to see value for younger kids who get in free anyway. Having said that, I see it as simply a way of a small contribution to the club but no doubt it would turn many people off.

globaleagle said:
deadlyeagle said:

I must admit I did consider this, however I decided I would rather be a member of the mwfc and have a voting say in manly than some merchandise stuff. This I thought offered good value for money. Just me opinion though.

Some fans can offered some things for their money but I still wanted to be practicle with expenses.

Blast me if you will ;-)

COMMANDER said:
Memberships are still a relatively new idea for most fans; the Clubs and the NRL have only taken it seriously in the last few years.

It'll be a very slow and gradual process to build up the numbers.

Hey Larrisa instead of having 10,000 people paying $100 for non ticketed stuff why don't you offer a special 100 memberships @ $1000 each "Premium Wings" with something special for those punters.

Already done! It's called Golden Wings :)

deadlyeagle said:
globaleagle said:
deadlyeagle said:

I must admit I did consider this, however I decided I would rather be a member of the mwfc and have a voting say in manly than some merchandise stuff. This I thought offered good value for money. Just me opinion though.

Some fans can offered some things for their money but I still wanted to be practicle with expenses.

Blast me if you will ;-)

Great to support the MWFC and have a say, however this entity doesn't financially support the team on the field.

Understood, through the contributions of attending home games and purchasing merchandise of manly (not membership merc) would be the financial contributions I would make. Whilst I understand this isn't a "direct" financial assistance I am simply expressing an opinion of maybe why others with a similar position (interstate) dont follow in signing up.

As I said call it what you like, ill be comming back to the northern beaches sooner or later and will be signing up when it is logical to do so.

I have never been a member but I plan to be for the first time this year before kick off. A couple of bills to pay first.
I guess people are coming from different financial positions and have their own reasons to join up or not.
@Larissa might be able to answer this. Is the club going to do any kind membership drive this year?
It's a shame that Manly always seems to be financially struggling these days.
What is the club's strategy to increase membership?

Hi Niccipops,

Little hard to answer your question in this forum, unfortunately our membership strategy would take a good hour to outline!

If you would like to chat, happy to speak over the phone. Feel free to give me a buzz at the Club on 02 9970 3000.

Short answer though is yes we are driving memberships and will continue to do so with the limited marketing resources we have available :)

Go Manly!

Larissa

Larissa said:
Hi Niccipops,

Little hard to answer your question in this forum, unfortunately our membership strategy would take a good hour to outline!

If you would like to chat, happy to speak over the phone. Feel free to give me a buzz at the Club on 02 9970 3000.

Short answer though is yes we are driving memberships and will continue to do so with the limited marketing resources we have available :)

Go Manly!

Larissa
Cheers Larissa.
Good luck with the members drive. The numbers will go up by 1 when I join. Hope there's more to come your way.

Chip and Chase said:
Duff said:
Well people expect too much for nothing these days.
They download movies and music because they have no concept of what these things cost to make.
If the same is expected of football, then eventually it will die along with everything else, at least in the current form.

User pays baby, that's the world we live in. Everyone wants a free ride but will be looking for someone to blame when there's no entertainment left of any kind.

Couldn't agree more. Same goes for this place, so I expect you'll be signing up for the tipping comp soon Duff :)

Is it a fund raiser? If so, count me in. I just thought it was a community thing, in which case you can all get stuffed.

Souths supporters know how important membership is because they were kicked out of the comp for a few years. They also don't have a Leagues club tipping in money.

Manly supporters haven't learnt from the Northern Eagles days it seems...

I don't think alot of people Manly people have learnt from the NE days, sometimes you only realise what you had once it's gone and that's what happened to Souths fans. I know a few Souths members and that's what they say that they will always be a member because it's the foundation of the club and they had it taken away but now they are back they are determined not to lose it again.

That's why they have so many members who aren't ticket members but still support their team to the tune of $100, that's amazing when you think about it!!

$30 for a season ticket for a child is amazing value i think but i do understand some people aren't going well financially and it's not a priority for them but how much more can you expect from our club!! It has come a long way with membership in the last 3 years and hopefully in the next few years get the benefits of all the work they're putting in now.

I'm sure if the Sea Eagles moved to the SFS that they could also offer $30 season tickets for kids.
Brookvale's somewhat limited capacity doesn't allow for these sort of promotions.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7