Manly Match-Fixing Investigation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I struggle to believe what these guys earn for what they do isnt enough for them.

Honestly, this is a deliberate undermining of Tooves and bit of extra cash on the side in doing so.

Paybacks a bitch bois.

Can we please not become victim-like Parra supporters in this
"The media hates us. This wouldn't happen if it wasn't Manly. Blah. Blah. Blah"
Part of me being a Manly supporter is an expectation that I support the best.
To my mind, two of our senior players did not seem to be trying too hard on a great many occasions last year. Was it a dummy spit at actions by the coach or were they on the take?
I don't care. Both positions are equally bad and disrespectful to the Manly jersey and culture that goes back a long way before their arrival.
And it is for this reason, that the club, our club, my club, should have made some statement by now outlining how they will not tolerate any attempts at match fixing and are giving the police full cooperation in this investigation.
I am so close to being over this present bunch.

Statement from the Sea Eagles
The Owners, Board and Staff of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles want to assure its Members, Corporate Partners and Supporters that the Club will fully co-operate with the NRL and NSW Organised Crime Squad in its examination of information in to alleged match fixing.

The Club emphatically states:

* It values the Integrity of Rugby League above all else and will ensure full cooperation is provided to any investigation

* It has had no contact from the NSW Police or NSW Organised Crime Squad with respect to the alleged match fixing in the NRL

* It is bitterly disappointed that the Club's hard earned 70 year reputation for fair play has been unfairly tarnished by imputations raised by some media outlets involving two Sea Eagles matches last season, albeit there is presently no formal investigation.

Sea Eagles Chairman Scott Penn and CEO Joe Kelly in a joint statement said:

"The Sea Eagles fully support the strong stance by NRL CEO Todd Greenberg that any player found guilty of match fixing be banned for life.

"We will continue to support our players one hundred per cent and give them the presumption of innocence - particularly against unfair mainstream and social media innuendo.

"We will continue to monitor the situation and openly communicate with Members, Corporate Partners and Supporters if any further information comes to hand.

"Meanwhile, we will concentrate on winning football games starting with Canberra in Canberra tonight."

Thanks mate. He said that had close relationships with Hayson, with players being warned from club officials about associating with him.

Everyone needs to be sensible here as we all have a right of innocence until proven guilty.

Just fair warning that Hadley wasn't making any accusation that these players were involved in any match fixing scandal by any means.

It was more along the lines that these players and coaching staff member were warned of their association with criminal figures

It doesn’t mean they did anything wrong apart from being guilty by association, the media will lap this up and will sell it for what it worth and it gets people talking.

Anyone who associates with criminal elements is basically targeted by the police for life regardless of that association, for example friend of mine is a tattooist and ran a parlour for bikie gang and was dating the Sgt at arms daughter. He wasn’t involved in any criminal activity however due to the association every time the the cops ran his number plate he would get pulled over. Even though he has now left the industry and doesn’t date the daughter anymore the coppers still harass the poor bugger as he is tagged for life an associate.

So don’t make assumption and jump to conclusion based on hearsay, let’s put it all into perspective and wait and see what comes of the police report.

I'm beginning to think this is a media beat up. Greenturd has said that there hasn't been any formal investigation started yet, just hearsay from a crook.

Can we please not become victim-like Parra supporters in this
"The media hates us. This wouldn't happen if it wasn't Manly. Blah. Blah. Blah"
Part of me being a Manly supporter is an expectation that I support the best.
To my mind, two of our senior players did not seem to be trying too hard on a great many occasions last year. Was it a dummy spit at actions by the coach or were they on the take?
I don't care. Both positions are equally bad and disrespectful to the Manly jersey and culture that goes back a long way before their arrival.
And it is for this reason, that the club, our club, my club, should have made some statement by now outlining how they will not tolerate any attempts at match fixing and are giving the police full cooperation in this investigation.
I am so close to being over this present bunch.
To be honest, I will support the players 100% through this. ONLY if they are convicted beyond a reasonable doubt will that change. Until then, just like what should have happened in 2009 with Snake, ALL parties rumoured to be involved in this are innocent until proven guilty. Some of the comments on this thread has them charged, tried and executed already. It's time for a cold shower and a reality check.

To be honest, I will support the players 100% through this. ONLY if they are convicted beyond a reasonable doubt will that change. Until then, just like what should have happened in 2009 with Snake, ALL parties rumoured to be involved in this are innocent until proven guilty. Some of the comments on this thread has them charged, tried and executed already. It's time for a cold shower and a reality check.
If you quote the post, read the post.
In other words I watched every game last year, just like every other year. I felt that often two particular players were not trying very hard at all.
Again, I don't care if it was a dummy spit at the coach or they were on the take. I don't care why. It was not good enough and not deserving of the Manly jumper.

I'm quite surprised someone at Narrabeen found the energy and effort to actually make contact outside of their ivory tower !! Ok, it was to threaten this website and Dan, but hey, some contact is better than no contact, right?

Never before have I encountered a CEO of this club as so non customer centric. Is there any reason why people shouldn't feel disconnected and distant from the club?

I am not renewing my membership next season. I've been a season ticket holder since day one of supporting the team, but no more.

Peter Peters claiming fans are irrelevant, was the nail in the coffin for mine.

I have had a wonderful relationship with all the CEO's (Wilson, Mayer, Lowe - Lowe actually contacted me after comments here, and asked to have a quiet beer), all of whom have been proactive, and connective / approachable. Not his royal heighness Kelly though. I have attempted to make contact numerous times (for various reasons - even to attempt to add tangible value to the club), to complete silence.

This isn't Chelsea. This is a local, small business, where customers and goodwill is paramount. Kelly is out of touch, which is why I'm not going to monetarily support the club from next season.

We are about to slide to 4 wins, 8 losses, and continue to fall down the ladder. Even WITH Parra losing 12 points, I think we are going to be close to getting wooden spoon. That, on top of these allegations, boy WTF is going on?

Flipside, Swans are having a real dig this year. They call each other bloods, because they are brothers, which gives them strength. Such a contrast to the disaster we are witnessing in the maroon and white. Swans may lose, but you know they ripped in, regardless.

Dan Hannebery and Callum Mills were at my boys school, and I had a good chat to Dan, and boy, what a quality young man. I know this is spoofy, but I gave him my business card, and 24 hours later, I received a members kit info for Ethan & I. Ethan's school is big into AFL - their junior system is amazing and supportive.

Compare that to Joe Kelly. The bloke who refuses to interact, correspond, or reply to his long term, paying members. What a joke !

I'm beginning to think this is a media beat up. Greenturd has said that there hasn't been any formal investigation started yet, just hearsay from a crook.

Cops have been all over it for weeks, maybe months, and still have nothing. There is no trail of big bets anywhere in the system of all the betting agencies.

It is a disgrace that the media can turn this into a major betting scandal on the back of hearsay from a crook and with no evidence.

Last edited:
The only proof I need is something that shows someone bet 000000's on a manly loss in a game that involved his mates playing like crap -
We all know the 2015 season was rotten .
If there is proof that Sydney house price money was put on a manly loss in more than 1 game by the same bloke then I don't need a court of law to tell me how to think .
Follow the money it's as simple as that

Bottom line is if they can trace money via bank accounts then they MIGHT be able to pin something on them. If they are relying on proving that so and so missed a tackle deliberately or deliberately played badly they are P*shing in the wind.

They'll need rock solid proof - my guess is they don't have it (at least yet) and are using the media to shake a few trees and see what comes out. Enter the Daily Telegraph, only to happy to play the role of hysterical agitator.

That said, IF blokes are throwing games even if the cops don't get them this time ( which I suspect they more likely won't ) I wont be that unhappy if these stains are removed from our club ( if they haven't been already in part ).

But based on an articles from the ilk of the Daily Telegraph excuse me if I don't panic just yet.

Agree 100% champ

I'm quite surprised someone at Narrabeen found the energy and effort to actually make contact outside of their ivory tower !! Ok, it was to threaten this website and Dan, but hey, some contact is better than no contact, right?

Never before have I encountered a CEO of this club as so non customer centric. Is there any reason why people shouldn't feel disconnected and distant from the club?

I am not renewing my membership next season. I've been a season ticket holder since day one of supporting the team, but no more.

Peter Peters claiming fans are irrelevant, was the nail in the coffin for mine.

I have had a wonderful relationship with all the CEO's (Wilson, Mayer, Lowe - Lowe actually contacted me after comments here, and asked to have a quiet beer), all of whom have been proactive, and connective / approachable. Not his royal heighness Kelly though. I have attempted to make contact numerous times (for various reasons - even to attempt to add tangible value to the club), to complete silence.

This isn't Chelsea. This is a local, small business, where customers and goodwill is paramount. Kelly is out of touch, which is why I'm not going to monetarily support the club from next season.

We are about to slide to 4 wins, 8 losses, and continue to fall down the ladder. Even WITH Parra losing 12 points, I think we are going to be close to getting wooden spoon. That, on top of these allegations, boy WTF is going on?

Flipside, Swans are having a real dig this year. They call each other bloods, because they are brothers, which gives them strength. Such a contrast to the disaster we are witnessing in the maroon and white. Swans may lose, but you know they ripped in, regardless.

Dan Hannebery and Callum Mills were at my boys school, and I had a good chat to Dan, and boy, what a quality young man. I know this is spoofy, but I gave him my business card, and 24 hours later, I received a members kit info for Ethan & I. Ethan's school is big into AFL - their junior system is amazing and supportive.

Compare that to Joe Kelly. The bloke who refuses to interact, correspond, or reply to his long term, paying members. What a joke !
The club has released a statement. It should be in your inbox...

How about the flip side to all of this....obviously zero guilty as yet, so what if it ends up to be nothing more than speculation??
The integrity of Manly as a footy club & also the individuals linked have been tarnished & even if it comes up clean - mud sticks.
It also effects sponsors, management & has a huge financial impact on the club in general.
IF .... & I hope this ends up being the case - all are deemed to be innocent....really feel its important to go after those who initiated the allegations....there has been previous cases where Manly/players have been wrongly accused & all we get is "its ok - not guilty - move on" without as much as an apology??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6