Manly Match-Fixing Investigation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone who has access to the Daily Telegraph "premium articles" (blocked behind the pay wall) please post the content on this thread.

And this comes from that quality journalist - Bourbon Becky! Says it all really..............
She was on Sportsnight saying that they have 6 Journos working on this but can not find the anomalies.
Also that allegedly it was 1 Rabbids player and 5 Manly Players who got the 50k

These rumours have been around for a few weeks/a month or so.

The problem is if 6 players are involved, and its a massive IF, it would be stupidity to think the other 11 who played didn't know. To me, and in the eyes of the law, if you knew you are guilty.

I cant see any other choice than every player who played in those matches being removed from the club if there is the slightest doubt about their credibility. Its the only way to be 100% certain the rubbish is removed.

Drastic, yes.

Oh and the apology to Toovey will no doubt be forthcoming IF these allegations have any substance.

I doubt this is going away, I hope it does.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Tele painting Manly in a bad light. No one respects them. The one journo people do respect with this stuff is the woman from the Herald and she basically threw a cut out straight past us to Parra #lolparra

Last edited:
A couple of thoughts

You would have to think they have some sort of text or tip off to start this investigation, but it seems extremely hard to prove from an on field perspective unlike a spot fix.

If these allegations are true, does Toovey have any sort of legal action he might take? There would be a pretty good case to make he lost his job because of them

The club really needs to at least acknowledge what's happening, silencing everyone else only makes the speculation more rampant

God I hope this isn't true, would taint a lot of legacies

Normally I wouldn't buy into rubbish like this, but this one has me worried. You've only got to look at the credibility of the key player in all this, Eddie Hayson. This guy is as straight as they come and has no reason to make any of this up. If he says he bet on Manly games and paid $50K to players then I'm worried. Moreso if this information is being passed onto police by a jockey, we are talking a sub-group of society whose moral compass is probably only second to those who have sworn lifelong allegiance to a religious order.

It was disappointing that I only got to two games last year. It more disappointing that Manly lost both those games. It now angers me significantly that there is suggestions that Manly players fixed those two matches so that they would lose.

TAGMONSTER is a hex!!!!

Burn The tagmonster!

Listening to Ray Hadley this morning, he said the worst kept secret in league is that Eddie Hayson has a close relationship with figures down at Manly (he named names, but not sure if I can state them on here?). He said that he's not alleging any of them had done anything wrong but Manly officials had warned them about associating with him.

I haven't posted here since after the Albury match last year . At the time I wrote about players partying at the hotel after the loss to Canberra. I was ridiculed by some on here for either lying or having some sort of agenda.
As a life long Manly fan I have never seen a season like 2015 for a variety of reasons .
Certain players seemed '"disinterested " , that's just a buzz word for not trying .
If it is true that some colourful identity linked to players tried to place anywhere near 1 million dollars on a match then you can be certain that some sort of fix was in . NRL endorsed gambling has become so entrenched in rugby league - is anyone really surprised that current and ex players who are known gamblers might be tempted to bet on a sure thing ? The toxic atmosphere at manly in 2015 would have sure made it easier to give in to temptation . I have no inside knowledge on these allegations but I have looked at the stats and it seems rather coincidental that the games in question have us playing so badly considering the money wagered for a manly loss .

Everyone knew this might become a problem for the club.

It's being reported that several club officials warned some players about who they hang out with.

The players then pretty much said Bugger off.

And this is the result. Smart footballers.

Culture or esprit de corps can not be gained by words.

Those are intangible attitudes that make a group of men into a team, make them become something that is greater than the sum of their parts.

And the only way to gain them is through shared success or through shared adversity.

It will be interesting to see what this current mobs first reaction to trouble is. It may well define the group.

Listening to Ray Hadley this morning, he said the worst kept secret in league is that Eddie Hayson has a close relationship with figures down at Manly (he named names, but not sure if I can state them on here?). He said that he's not alleging any of them had done anything wrong but Manly officials had warned them about associating with him.
If he said it on radio you can quote him safely. Just don't add to it.

hmmmm come to think of it have you ever seen lsz and Greenburg in the same room together........

I was actual in a room with him the week after the Des thing blew up....was very hard to stay professional

image.jpeg
Good to know the club does read what's posted on here.

Hi club :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8