Manly Match-Fixing Investigation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is for sure if you cheat the bookies ( read cheats) they will not go quietly.

I suspect the NRL has asked the club not to comment at this stage. Also would suggest legal advice would also support this position. If a investigation is going on apparently according to the Telegraph now involving up to 6 players i would imagine things could not get make more serious.
No doubt at some stage the club will say that it supports any investigation and has a zero tolerance stance on related behavior etc. It is also possible nothing will come of this investigation anyway. Lets hope it is done as quickly as possible!!

It surprises me how quick so many have been to condemn our players.

If any are found guilty of match fixing then of course they'd be hounded from the game in disgrace, but no one has even been charged yet.

There's not much the club can say aside from what Greenberg already said.

I hope the Players Association and all the players managers were in contact with them yesterday to recommend they get urgent legal advice.

It surprises me how quick so many have been to condemn our players.

If any are found guilty of match fixing then of course they'd be hounded from the game in disgrace, but no one has even been charged yet.

There's not much the club can say aside from what Greenberg already said.

I hope the Players Association and all the players managers were in contact with them yesterday to recommend they get urgent legal advice.
Totally agree SER8 if you listened to Greenturd there is not even a formal investigation by police yet, just some allegations from a mysterious person/s re somethings a colorful punting identity has allegedly said.

I am more than happy to back our players past and present!

DT doing their best to stir things up. Website/paper has a big club logo minus writing, and their website story ("dire defeat which sank MSE") pic features a pair of players...
Not suggestive at all.

No doubt things said here will be looked at by quality journos because as fans/members we could be labelled as 'sources close to the club'

DT doing their best to stir things up

No doubt things said here will be looked at by quality journos because as fans/members we could be labelled as 'sources close to the club'
There is both BBQ and tomato sauce at the Leagues Club which us fans use so I can see how some News Ltd hacks would make that association

The REAL issue here is the Police.

What on earth is the point in coming out as vaguely as one can be and tainting an entire group of individuals with what at this stage can only lead to pure speculation.

Sure there may be something to this, but to release such a wishy-washy rumor starting statement reeks of the whole "Investigation into drugs in Sport", which correct me if i'm wrong, happened right before the last federal election also.

Last edited:
The passion of fans makes us irrational at times - puts hand up. My support of Toovey got me wound up due to these allegations. Also as a fan that has to travel over 1,000 ks to get to a Sydney match, it does cause anger to think you could spend so much money, time and effort, to support the club and players you love when there (could be) highly paid athletes out there alleged to have tanked games.
I'm happy to settle down, back our club and players and let the investigation run it's course.
Another thing - Toddy was pretty miffed about match fixing allegations which is a bit hypocritical due to the fact that the NRL itself does it's best to
'fix' matches and the whole competition with scheduling based on television ratings.
WE need a fair competition Nrl! Fk television ratings!

What on earth is the point in coming out as vaguely as one can be and tainting an entire group of individuals with what at this stage can only lead to pure speculation.

Sure there may be something to this, but to release such a wishy-washy rumor starting statement reeks of the whole "Investigation into drugs in Sport", which correct me if i'm wrong, happened right before the last election federal election also.
Asada says "Hi"

Has the club contacted FB and Twitter and asked them to do the same?

Deadset these allegations are 24 hours old and we've heard nothing from them.

Or the DT - Manly need to be as vocal as Greenturd was yesterday :wait:

13315516_1017241644990462_2095433233197990734_n.jpg

Thanks @Dan I did try yesterday to stop names or nick names being used, but as I wasn't a mod I couldn't delete, I agree 110% with the stance.

And as I constantly said yesterday ( although like everyone I was shocked to the core with the allegations ) we went through a situation a few years when one of our greatest was hung drawn and quartered before his day in court, only to find out later it was all complete crap.

If, and that's a big IF, any player is charged and named then I guess this ruling will change.

Good work mate!!

I have to ask what has happened to the game. Gambling issues, drug issues, assaults, crazy alcohol related incidents, lack of loyalty, contract breaking etc etc. What has happened to what was such a fun family oriented spectacle. I fear we're no longer in Kansas Toto.

When the game was sold for a billion plus, players started getting million dollar salaries, and we had betting on every feature of the game , yes it changed for ever!!

Sure there may be something to this, but to release such a wishy-washy rumor starting statement reeks of the whole "Investigation into drugs in Sport", which correct me if i'm wrong, happened right before the last election federal election also.
Sometimes the point is to put people on notice with a view to discouraging future activity, especially if there are suspicions but not much more than suspicions. The criminal associations recently highlighted are clearly a major concern for the game.

I have to ask what has happened to the game. Gambling issues, drug issues, assaults, crazy alcohol related incidents, lack of loyalty, contract breaking etc etc. What has happened to what was such a fun family oriented spectacle. I fear we're no longer in Kansas Toto.
Don't kid yourself Bearfax, the only one of those which is specifically modern is the new fluidity of player contracts.

Get your facts right DT!! Our players were paid a lot more than 50k to lose games last year. @:p (think about it!)

Bloody Greentug. "There is nothing more important than the integrity of the game". FMD, That will do me, you muppet...

I better not cross paths with any eels fans today. I've got a meeting with a client that's a huge broncos fan today as well. He'd be well advised to keep his mouth tightly shut, or he'll be looking for a new contractor.

GO MANLY!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4