Manly join the race for Mead

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To be honest, if you watch him during his time in the U20s he regularly pins his ears back and goes for it. He scored a number of tried this way. I suspect that the ankle is part of the problem, but he was run down on occasion before the injury.

My opinion, he seems to have too much of a respect for the speed in the NRL as opposed to the U20s. He is able to chase down players when defending with relative ease, so speed is not an issue for him. I think he does simply not back his speed enough when in attack and desperately wants to turn a break into a try by getting the ball to a support player. The perfect example was on Monday when he carved through the line with relative ease only to hesitate and try to cut back inside. He was pulling away from his man and had he pinned his ears back and gone for the corner it would have been a try.

We also need to remember that he is only 19 and seemingly gaining mass at a rapid rate. It seems like 12 months ago he was just over 90kgs, now he is nearing 105kgs. That is a lot of extra weight to be carrying. That is another possible reason he seems to be "gassing."

Everything everybody has described can be related back to breathing technique.

He has the pace, he has the condition and if he gets gassed at the 50/60
after a full out sprint, then the most probable reason is lack of oxygen through poor breathing. What also leads me to believe this is he appears weakened and submits to the last tackle. He recovers quickly because of his good condition.

It is hard to believe but the trained sprinter will breath and exhale 12 or more time in the 6 sec's the 60m run takes. Any less and the body will be starved and both speed and physical strength will suffer.

The good news is that if I am right, all that can improve with training.

Everything everybody has described can be related back to breathing technique.

He has the pace, he has the condition and if he gets gassed at the 50/60
after a full out sprint, then the most probable reason is lack of oxygen through poor breathing. What also leads me to believe this is he appears weakened and submits to the last tackle. He recovers quickly because of his good condition.

It is hard to believe but the trained sprinter will breath and exhale 12 or more time in the 6 sec's the 60m run takes. Any less and the body will be starved and both speed and physical strength will suffer.

The good news is that if I am right, all that can improve with training.

So Don Ferris is the ex Titans trainer and now at Manly. This must be why Tom is getting caught now when he makes a break.

So Don Ferris is the ex Titans trainer and now at Manly. This must be why Tom is getting caught now when he makes a break.

Ben, I don't really know why, it just surprises me when he does. He seems to hit a wall and submit.

Whilst not a champion sprinter, I did make state finals and remember the attention my breathing was given. Once I was told by a quest coach to take a breath and hold it for the full 100yds (yes yards). Easy, only about 10 seconds to hold my breath. By the 30 I was struggling and by the 60 I was slowing and feeling weak.

To everyone's pleasure this will be my last boring post on the topic but just see similarities in the way Turbo starts to pull up.

Tom was having difficulty with his ankle so these likely contributed to him being caught but you would have expected him to easily out run Scott.
I totally agree as I have 2 rooted ankles and can't run at all......lol

Are people seriously concerned about Tom T not being fast enough?
That is hilarious. He is already one of the most devastating runners in the NRL and he's only 19.

Ben, I don't really know why, it just surprises me when he does. He seems to hit a wall and submit.

Whilst not a champion sprinter, I did make state finals and remember the attention my breathing was given. Once I was told by a quest coach to take a breath and hold it for the full 100yds (yes yards). Easy, only about 10 seconds to hold my breath. By the 30 I was struggling and by the 60 I was slowing and feeling weak.

To everyone's pleasure this will be my last boring post on the topic but just see similarities in the way Turbo starts to pull up.

My post was a little tongue n cheek in Tom getting caught but i do believe in what you say as it makes scence

Beau Scott didn't get a head start …. and don't tell me Tom ran towards him … I watched that many times Scott actually ran further ...
Beau Scott himself admitted he got a good head start on Tom and with semi pushing Tom towards Scott Scott had an easy job of running him down.

It wasnt Aitkin it was Mann and that was 60mins into Meads return from knee surgery 5 weeks earlier. He was gassed 10 mins into that game.

Lol comparing his speed to Tafua's.

Mead hasnt signed with anyone yet.
Do you realise how ridiculous you look coming on here and defending a player like Mead constantly? What are you? his brother?

He is very slow now and has never been more than a solid first grader so stop acting like everyone is dumb for not thinking he is some sort of a messiah who is a cross between Usain Bolt and Greg Inglis. Get real idiot.

Do you realise how ridiculous you look coming on here and defending a player like Mead constantly? What are you? his brother?

He is very slow now and has never been more than a solid first grader so stop acting like everyone is dumb for not thinking he is some sort of a messiah who is a cross between Usain Bolt and Greg Inglis. Get real idiot.
Pretty sure he is all over the titans forum.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2