Manly join the race for Mead

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What position could we be buying Mead for ?? The only thing i can think is that reading between the lines Matai won't be back next year hence TT and The Phantom will be centre pairing - therefore we need a fullback = Mead ?

Otherwise why sign him - Wright and Hex are here for 2 more years - plus The Ghostbuster (Parker Jnr) is getting a sniff now - we have depth for wing. Seems an odd purchase if we are signing him for fullback depth behind TT.

What position could we be buying Mead for ?? The only thing i can think is that reading between the lines Matai won't be back next year hence TT and The Phantom will be centre pairing - therefore we need a fullback = Mead ?

Otherwise why sign him - Wright and Hex are here for 2 more years - plus The Ghostbuster (Parker Jnr) is getting a sniff now - we have depth for wing. Seems an odd purchase if we are signing him for fullback depth behind TT.

He will be one of our wingers for certain, Taufua on the other. Williame maybe a centre partner for walker. Wright as depth. Mead is too good for reggies.

I certainly wouldn't pay overs for him. Would be handy depth to cover fullback that's for sure.

His Titan team mate Hoffman could be an interesting signing, quite good and versatile. Could fill the Hiku role, provided he doesn't want too much coin. Which he probably does.
I'd actually much rather Mead he is a very smart player with good peripheral vision

Just goes to show really how very little wing talent is available if we are looking at Mead, anyway why should I be surprised we have been far from clever with our recruiting.

Anyway, not fussed with Mead he has been a part of the Titans loosing culture for eons, (although they are improving since Cartwright left) and that does not give me great confidence. He should stay at the Titans as a one club player, but obviously his manager is doing the rounds.

He turns 28 this year and has had a few injuries and he is not as fast as he used to be. So it is a no from me.......!

I think it wouls be a decent signing. He's a pretty reliable winger and still faster than most. Plus we need cover for a full back with brett retired and tom at back, if he gets injured we need cover and mead could handle the full back role as well.

100% agree. We need a winger that is capable of playing fullback. I would really hate to see Tom get moved to centre for Mead. I would only sign him for the wing and fullback cover

100% agree. We need a winger that is capable of playing fullback. I would really hate to see Tom get moved to centre for Mead. I would only sign him for the wing and fullback cover
Don't worry Tom is locked in as our fullback for the next 16 years

Earlier this year I would have said sign him. Mead has always been a better player then he gets recognition for, so quick he is valuable. But watching him play this year, I am gunna suggest we pass.

I may be wrong but I think he has major ongoing injury issue with his hammies just like snake. Too many times in games this year, Mead has gone to put the afterburners on, and he hasnt just got slower. He literally can't run at all. He gets caught by forwards over 15-20 metres.

The club should be guided by the medical opinion here, but all is not well.

Mead has gone to put the afterburners on, and he hasnt just got slower. He literally can't run at all. He gets caught by forwards over 15-20 metres.

The club should be guided by the medical opinion here, but all is not well.
He has been caught by forwards and is not well? that's not close to being true. He's still got great speed for his age and would be the quickest in the Manly side.

If he comes to Manly it will be for wing and FB cover, that is a super pickup for any side, but Titans are waiting to see if they can move Zilly on, if they do Mead resigns for them at FB

He will be one of our wingers for certain, Taufua on the other. Williame maybe a centre partner for walker. Wright as depth. Mead is too good for reggies.
I agree, I think Wright is for depth only. He has no speed and not a threat to the defensive line. I still would prefer Javid Bowen over Mead given his age; however, both are better options than Wright.

He has been caught by forwards and is not well? that's not close to being true. He's still got great speed for his age and would be the quickest in the Manly side.
Gee I don't agree with that (in the past, yes, now - no). Walker, Parcell and Tom would match him, or beat him for pace.

Line em up in a sprint away from the demands of FB running and you'll see how much speed he still has.

Speed is not what makes him these days anyway. He's a good footy player and looking more unlikely to leave the Titans everyday

Anyone that thinks this guy is still fast needs to watch him play. He made a clean break against the Dragons and Euan Aitken rounded him up in 20m. Aitken is no quicker than Taufua.

Mead must have some serious injuries to lose that much pace.

Anyone that thinks this guy is still fast needs to watch him play. He made a clean break against the Dragons and Euan Aitken rounded him up in 20m. Aitken is no quicker than Taufua.

Aitken no faster than Taufua? Aitken is very quick and mead is still fast, faster than most wingers,

Didn't Tom Turbo get chased down by Frizell when we pumped the Dragons?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7