Manly Jerseys you want to see in the future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What a great shot of those '75 legends. They certainly weren't the finely sculpted athletes of today. They look like a bunch of brickies in footy jerseys but I know they played a lot tougher back then, had jobs other than footy and didn't have anyone to rub any little ache or strain at half time.
It's great to look at photos like that to remember what our history is and what we must maintain.
Toovey would look an absolute crack up in a red cardie like Stanton's. I think the club should get him one;)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Thanks BK.
It's a funny photo of Mooney.
Who was the halfback in that team? Symonds? Don't recall him at all...

Steve Symonds is only halfback in that pic, but Kevin Junee was the main man at #7. http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nswrfl-1975/manly-warringah-sea-eagles/summary.html

Brissie Kid said:
Is this our 2014 heritage jersey or away jersey? Didn't we play in this retro at Gosford a coiuple of seasons back?

SetWidth320-7MW4LJS1A-FRONT.JPG

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=9706349&postcount=557

Manly alternate... I assume it's heritage:

How good does it look I'm dropping a few kgs to fit in to one of those babies

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Thanks BK.
It's a funny photo of Mooney.
Who was the halfback in that team? Symonds? Don't recall him at all...
He looks like he's having a bad hair day. I used to work for him and I would'nt recognise him from that photo.

Back in '78, my cousins & I, went to a Manly game at Brookvale.
After the game we waited outside the sheds with a mob of others to get autographs,
Graham Eadie was surrounded & signing stuff.
As Tom Mooney came out he said,
"Any of you little buggers come near me & I'll belt ya".
We didn't go near him, Tom was angry that day.

wedgetail eagle said:
After the game we waited outside the sheds with a mob of others to get autographs,
Must have got him on a bad day. He's a real nice bloke normally.

Moondog said:
wedgetail eagle said:
Must have got him on a bad day. He's a real nice bloke normally.
I don't doubt it. The coach might've given them a blast, he mightn't have been happy with his game, who knows? It didn't bother us.

HappilyManly said:
Simpler to have an Emperor's Round - a nude 'jersey' :idea:
Then we could tell a Player's religion and which Player is aroused by his opposite number :D

Manly, sign up Wolfie ASAP :D
Excellent idea. There's been debating about diverse cultures. The NRL does nothing to promote nudity. I think you're onto something HM. Absolutely agree on the Wolfie signing.
Is there a nude Olympics? Hurdles could be dangerous for the well built.

Some of the jerseys getting around now are gay. Religious jerseys could be Habit forming.
Also, it wouldn't be easy sprinting down field in Saffron robes.

niccipops said:
HappilyManly said:
Then we could tell a Player's religion and which Player is aroused by his opposite number :D

Excellent idea. There's been debating about diverse cultures. The NRL does nothing to promote nudity. I think you're onto something HM. Absolutely agree on the Wolfie signing.
Maybe Wati Holmwood, the Origin streaker was a visionary? Maybe he was trying to tell us something.
But like many of his ilk he was said to be mad & was ostracized, shunned, blackballed.
Come back Wati, all is forgiven.
David Smith awaits.

wedgetail eagle said:
Maybe Wati Holmwood, the Origin streaker was a visionary? Maybe he was trying to tell us something.
But like many of his ilk he was said to be mad & was ostracized, shunned, blackballed.
Come back Wati, all is forgiven.
David Smith awaits.
Lol. Gotta love the off season.

niccipops said:
HappilyManly said:

Not to mention the
hop, flip, skip, flop, jump and bump.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7