[Resurrected] Manly Jerseys what is your fave

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SilentBob link said:
65556036.jpg

Love it. Procrastinated and missed out on buying one when they were released.

Womald jersey #2, Pioneer #3.

Used to like the Pepsi jersey, was the coolest bit of clothing I ever bought as a kid, it has aged though and now I'm not much a fan.

They wore this jersey two years in a row for heritage round I believe. The second time around it had a maroon eagle emblem on the V, which looked better. It was a nice strip.

Chip & Chase link said:
They wore this jersey two years in a row for heritage round I believe. The second time around it had a maroon eagle emblem on the V, which looked better. It was a nice strip.
I am sure that is right C&C. The second one had a larger Eagles emblem which was a bit better.

That original top left one is fantastic, except for the cuffs - never liked those type of cuffs. I'd probably own one of those if it were available in short sleeve or even long sleeve simple cuff.

I have a soft spot for the Wormald one - I own one of these, have done for a decade or so, usually wear it to games.

Also have a soft spot for the Pioneer one - have fond memories of the likes of Graham Eadie on fire out on the paddock in that baby!

I also quite like that one that Beaver is wearing in the pic SilentBob posted above - I'd be tempted to snag one of those for sure.

Mine is the Wolmald jersey, the first one i ever got. And still in the closet waiting to be handed down to the next gen.

I remember now, the 87 Final was in the Wormald version....now the Pioneer version was that 82-83???

I was at those Grand Finals as well, but it was almost 30 years ago and I was young, stupid and 3/4 tanked for each game (BEFORE I got there)...it's different now, few pre game beers and sit back and enjoy the game with no beers.....there's a very good reason for that as well, one's bladder tends to get out of control when you have gray hair.....don't worry all you youngin's it will affect you one day as well!!

82 and 83 were in the white jerseys with the maroon and white hoops. I can't remember whether the sponsor was Pioneer or P & O by then. We wore the same jerseys from 75 to about 84 by memory. Wormald was the 87 jersey, worn till 94 when the Pepsi jersey was the one. Great memories and a premiership won in each of them. Should have been more, especially in 95 and 97!!!

Never really liked the FAI jersey worn in 98 and 99, not the least because the refs were sponsored by the same company.

I despise the Northern Eagles ones and never bought one item in that era or went to any game!!!

The one I'd like to see is the 1961.

It's a similar design to the big Eagle pictured but using the Eagle from the '70's jerseys accross the front.

Nothing better than the one with the big Eagle on it - I have one that is over 30 years old with the tie up neck. My cousin got it signed by Graham Eadie - John Ribot - Phil Blake - Micheal Blake - Paul Vautin - John Dorahy - Ray Brown - Les Boyd & Paul McCabe. Second most prize posession.

Canteen Worker link said:
82 and 83 were in the white jerseys with the maroon and white hoops. I can't remember whether the sponsor was Pioneer or P & O by then. We wore the same jerseys from 75 to about 84 by memory. Wormald was the 87 jersey, worn till 94 when the Pepsi jersey was the one. Great memories and a premiership won in each of them. Should have been more, especially in 95 and 97!!!

Had to have been Pioneer in 82/83.  P&O came in the early 90's, ADT was in between Wormald and P&O

This got me thinking, what happened to those 2 abbo jersey's they wanted fans to vote on last year ? From memory we were meant to wear it during the Sharks trial

I have that problem too. All my ealier jerseys were L but now they need to be XL or even XXL. I wish the manufacturers would stick to the same size formula and not change them. :)

The second one (late 60s - early 70s "hoops" jumper) that we won our first Premierships in.

That will always be the "real" Manly jumper for me! :)

Pioneer was 76-78. 78 had the gold emblem it was a heritage jersey in 2009, which I own.

The one with beaver was the 2008 heritage jersey which I ordered the day it came on sale. It's my good luck jersey as I wore it to the 2008 gf and again to the broncos so this year. And donned it again on gf day this year.

Definitely the 1957 jersey, with the big eagle, tie-up neck and no advertising. It is pure, bold - and was the first Manly jersey I saw so it has special significance. Hence, that is the one I wear to the games.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4