Manly issued breach notice from NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well, if the slime continues to allow me to tweet on his account, I will. I'm not a fan of under handed people that manipulate the rules and policies for self gain.

Toovey explicitly said he wasn't questioning the integrity of the referees.

So now he's not allowed to show emotion?

Unbelievable response from Todd Greenberg. The only explanation is that he had a Gallop-like emotional reaction to what Toovey said.

Todd's taken over as Mr Kneejerk.

Dan said:
I don't see how Toovey actually breached any rules? He didn't call anyones integrity into question etc.

As for the Matai try, someone needs to send the excerpt from the rule book to Daniel Anderson and the others, the fact the rules actually say if the ref didn't see it he can't call it a no try

As the great lawyer Dennis Denuto once said...

“In summing up, it’s the Constitution, it’s Mabo, it’s justice, it’s law, it’s the vibe and — No, that’s it. It’s the vibe!”

Brissie Kid said:
If, as Greenburg & the NRL say, Toovey's comments are so unacceptable & detrimental to the game that they must be fined $10000 & issued a breach notice, why can the world still watch the presser via the NRL website?

http://www.nrl.com/rd-23-press-conference-sea-eagles/tabid/10959/contentid/574621/embed/t4NGx2ZDoaePAQQVHv7MHkSZztPt82AT/default.aspx

Ahhhh, I like it. The 'Thurston Defence'. I was heading down the path of pulling out the Chewbacca Defence, but I think yours may just have more merit.

maybe we can send Toovey to rehab for a couple of days, that should overcome any need to fine him, or is that just a dogs way out

This is what i got back from the NRL after i gave them a spray -

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your email. We appreciate you taking the time to write into us.

In terms of coaches comments about match officials, under NRL guidelines they are allowed to criticise referee performances and individual decisions. What they are not permitted to do is attack a referee's integrity. The coaches and club officials that have breached those guidelines have been penalised with fines.

Refereeing is one of those areas that is never going to be completely free of controversy and debate and we certainly take on board your frustration regarding certain decisions. There is never going to be total agreement on all refereeing decisions. We appreciate your feedback but the referees are highly trained, they know the rules and they work very hard to enforce them fairly and consistently in difficult, high-pressure situations. Referees do make mistakes as they do in any sport but the performance of officials in the NRL compares more than favourably with any other football code in this country. We believe they generally do a good job in extremely difficult circumstances.

Again, we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback, and we thank you for your support of the game.

Kind regards

Brett
Supporter Liaison

If Anderson said the refs did a good job were they just following orders? (Remember it didn't wash during the Nuremburg trials by the way so that defence is not allowed.)

Was it preordained that Souths should win? I hope not and think not but it's getting harder and harder to defend this position that the NRL are incorruptible (which of course is my position).

When you get Jones, Roach and even the Talkin(g) Sport Team joking about if it Manly it's no try and even Voss on 2ue last night was discussing it quite frankly.

It is getting harder to keep one's thoughts away from any impropriety.

I question what rub of the green are we going to get next week? Are the refs going to look kindly on the 50/50 calls in Manly's favour or are they now going to get their backs up and be even harder on Manly?

What would happen next week if we simply put our second string squad in against Canberra? Would that draw the ire of the NRL? But wouldn't that make a statement to the NRL that needs to be addressed.

Daddycool08 said:
I question what rub of the green are we going to get next week? Are the refs going to look kindly on the 50/50 calls in Manly's favour or are they now going to get their backs up and be even harder on Manly?

The good news is that the second option is a near impossibility.

Daddycool08 said:

The good news is that the second option is a near impossibility.

"The performance of the match officials in a fiercely contested game on Friday night was very good," Anderson said.
Anderson actually claimed that the Referees did a very good job:exclamation:

Now we know where their lack of judgement comes from :cool:

Lets just embrace their our mantra - 'No One Likes Us and We Don't Care':D

HappilyManly said:

denial anderson - failed coach, now on a mission to make as many other coaches fail as possible (apart from the scumbag souffs coach)

I thought the thread title's poor grammar was the result of whoever posted this thread. Imagine my surprise when I saw that it is a direct copy of the article on the nrl website. C'mon Greenberg! "Manly issued breach notice by nrl".

Shoe1 said:
I thought the thread title's poor grammar was the result of whoever posted this thread. Imagine my surprise when I saw that it is a direct copy of the article on the nrl website. C'mon Greenberg! "Manly issued breach notice by nrl".

It's not necessarily poor grammar. Maybe Manly went to the NRL and issued a breach notice.

MissKate said:
HappilyManly said:

denial anderson - failed coach, now on a mission to make as many other coaches fail as possible (apart from the scumbag souffs coach)

We're all happy to hear when we're getting an ex coach as the referees boss, then ex players in the video ref's box.

Common sense! We all cry out! Finally people who know how the game is really played, we all shout with glee.

Then something happens when these people pass through nrl headquarters. Not sure what it is but it's either brainwashing or frontal lobotomies of the highest order. Nothing gets better, just worse.

It's like animal farm.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6