Manly Indigenous players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who is your Manly favourite Indigenous player ?

• Cliff Lyons

Votes: 52 85.2%
  • George Rose

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Dale Shearer

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Mal Cochrane

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Ron Gibbs

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Paul Shaw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frank Stokes

• Andrew Walker

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Alf Duncan

• Aaron Cannings

• Albert Torrens

• Total voters
Cliffy was a 2'fer. Indigenous and ingenious @:p. Loved Rose's heart and determination to come back from that horrendous leg injury. Rowdy in 3rd.

Shearer was a favourite of mine. After Cliffy, of course.
Shearer teamed with O'Connor for a few years giving Manly unbelievable strike power from out wide. Tremendous pace but also tough and great footy nous.

You say it's a fact 'he done a walkabout', I suggest it sounds like a racist stereotyping. Are you suggesting Aboriginal folks can't stick at a task, or something?

People keep getting added to the list of immortals.

There has only ever been one Cliffy and we will never see another.

Read my post I said AW not all "aboriginal folk"...
I know but the expression 'gone walkabout' is a derogatory expression used to criticise Aboriginal people for not achieving what white people expect them to.
Would you say Todd Carney 'done a walkabout'? No.
Believe it or not I'm not intending to have a go at you personally, I make racist gaffes of various kinds at times, I think we all do, mostly inadvertently.
The point is its Indigenous Round so if it seems a good time to think about these things rather than just carry on.

don't need you to tell me about racism, I live in redfern, have an aboriginal son in law and 2 beautiful aboriginal grand children, thanks for your input...

of course there is , on both sides, but my post on AW was true, the facts were, he went walkabout, taking that as racism is going a bit overboard...

Maybe I shouldn't have used the word racism, it seems to make people very defensive.
I've grown up assuming the term walkabout implies that Aboriginals are lazy or can't concentrate or can't apply themselves to a task for very long.
I take it you may have been using the term to mean something else?

you shouldn't assume anything , because you can make an ASS out of U and ME, he could have had depression or anything , the facts are he walked out of the club and never said anything to anybody, loved the kid , so no racism here..!!

you shouldn't assume anything , because you can make an ASS out of U and ME, he could have had depression or anything , the facts are he walked out of the club and never said anything to anybody, loved the kid , so no racism here..!!
I think if even one person finds something we say offensive (and make that two for this) we have a responsibility to look at it and wonder if there may be something to it. Just my two cents.

And where do you think the Aboriginals originally came from?

SE Asia via PNG.

But I'm not going to get into this here or turn it into something it doesn't need to be. For the purposes of this I'll agree that indigenous means players of Aboriginal descent.
Dictionary: inhabiting or existing in a land from the earliest times or from before the arrival of colonists; indigenous.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4