Manly Indigenous players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who is your Manly favourite Indigenous player ?

• Cliff Lyons

Votes: 52 85.2%
  • George Rose

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Dale Shearer

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Mal Cochrane

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Ron Gibbs

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Paul Shaw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frank Stokes

• Andrew Walker

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Alf Duncan

• Aaron Cannings

• Albert Torrens

• Total voters

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
With NRL Indigenous round this weekend
Who is your Manly favourite Indigenous player ?
OR
" After Cliffy who is your next favourite".

Seeing that there have been some suggestions about the the poll and Cliffy's popularity
I've added that you have 2 votes 1 for Cliffy and 1 for your next I suggest if Cliffy isn't in your Vote just vote for 1

( I may have left some out but i can add more if required )

Last edited:
Probably should just give it to Cliffy now and ask who is your second favourite

I always liked watching Frankie stokes come on and dart around

I'll wait till i see a few more votes but i did think it probably would be a lopsided vote

I don't mean to rock the boat so to speak.....but isn't every player who was born in Australia indigenous to the country regardless?

Otherwise it was a choice of 2 for me. Cliffy or Rowdy. I can't go past Cliffy. Beside the Beaver and Snake he is my favourite all time Sea Eagle.

I don't mean to rock the boat so to speak.....but isn't every player who was born in Australia indigenous to the country regardless?

No, we are transplanted from other indigenous stock.

Aboriginal bloodlines have been great for the Manly Culture though :)

And where do you think the Aboriginals originally came from?

SE Asia via PNG.

But I'm not going to get into this here or turn it into something it doesn't need to be. For the purposes of this I'll agree that indigenous means players of Aboriginal descent.

Although Cliffy and Rambo will always be my top picks , will always have a spot for little pauly shaw . and franky stokes with his ginormous thighs , both never lets us down and always gave 100% when coming on as a replacements....

Rambo Ronny Gibbs...what a player he was. Feed a slice of that aggression to some of our current bunch and see how high up the table we'd be now...

Rambo Ronny Gibbs...what a player he was. Feed a slice of that aggression to some of our current bunch and see how high up the table we'd be now...

Such a pity that Ronny destroyed his career by heading to the Gold Coast Chargers in 1988.

His and Kevin Wards influence in the 87 GF was immeasurable!

obviously Cliffy but Dale Shearer was pretty electric at fullback in 87 scoring heaps of tries -practically every game home game is how i remember it - so much talent! Ronny Gibbs could hit fkn hard too and chip and chase!! shame he pulled a foran and left for the dosh.
most underrated would be a toss up between frankie stokes and paul shaw

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6