1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manly in the NHL

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Matabele, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Over to you Ryan

2. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    The Americans hate the Canadian sites and the The New York teams (more the Rangers) tend to be very wealthy!

3. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Similar to the NFL, teams tend to reflect the personalities of the cities/states in which they exist. Middle America tends to be so different to that on the East and West Coasts. Californian teams and New England teams seem to do very well over the years and success tends to polarise fans - you love them or you hate them. Star players also attract fans so when Gretsky left Canada for whichever LA team he played for he took a lot with him.

4. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Gretzky got traded by the Oilers to LA Kings, and then he finished his career at NY Rangers from memory.

5. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Wasn't Gretzky with the Calgary Flames for most of his career?

6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Edmonton Oilers AFAIK. I think he copped a bit of stick when he left because he went to a US team, which the Canadian supporters didn't like.

7. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I just know he had a movie star wife that I considered hot when I was 17 or so.