Manly in the EPL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gruggy link said:
Ramos didn't speak English?

I did not know that - F*ck, he was always going to have problems then.

He was learning as he went along but I'm not sure if he even attended a post-match interview, it was always Poyet doing them. But part of Poyet's role as assistant manager was to translate for him, so it was never going to work.

And lsz, 'Arry seems a good enough manager to keep us up this year. He knows what he's doing tactically, he did well in the transfer market and has the balls to make the tough decisions and criticise the players (such as Bentley, Bent after he missed that sitter which would've won us the game), which just wouldn't have happened under Ramos. I just don't like how he starts Jenas over O'Hara or Huddlestone, both of whom are much better IMO, but that's mainly because apart from three really good games a year, Jenas is completely average.

there is no way you should go down - although as a hammers fan I did say that when we went down!

As for Harry he is decent enough but I can not stick him - he comes on board and gets some results....it is all down to him...then things go wring and he does not have the players?

Which one is it?

Lets not talk about his "loyalty" (he would never leave Pompey.....Southampton.....Pompet again!)

'Arry and loyalty is like Spurs at "Top 4" - laughable ;)

I rate Jenas, mainly because EVERY time you play us he either carves us like a turkey or scores a blinder.  Weren't Inter interested in him? But tbh, what player isn't Inter inter-rested in (ha).

What's happened to big Tom H? He looked quite good last year. Strong and dominating English midfielders always usually get the nod?

On Gooner news, Eduardo scored one and setup another in Croatia's win the other night. Fingers crossed he's in the squad for the FA Cup game V Cardiff on Monday.

Tbh as much as I'd love to see Sp*rs go down, I can't see it happening. Although, the relegation battle this year will be even better than the fight for #1 imo.

"I rate Jenas, mainly because EVERY time you play us he either carves us like a turkey or scores a blinder."

haha, take it you're an Arsenal fan then. Two of his good matches are against you lot, he has one other he randomly busts out during the year.

And Huddlestone is excellent, but if Modric is playing as a central midfielder we can't have Huddlestone alongside him as he isn't mobile enough to run around tackling to cover for Modric. I'd like to see him alongside O'Hara or Palacios in central midfield, as I really rate all three of those players, but the only chance of that happening is if Modric plays left mid (which would probably be a good thing as it'll mean Bentley will be left out).

serious?

Must be my hatred off all things Chelski (including the way Kenyon talks about the "brand" etc) plus staunton was such as joke as Ireland manager

Or it could be that i am sleep deprived due to a new born.....

Villa had a draw in the UEFA - interesting to see how play in Europe will impact them at the back end of the year (they must be happy they got knocked out of the FA)

So is it all over then?

Can pool make up the 7 points?

Bring on the Champs games this week!

The Champs games look terrific. I've set up the recorder for the Roma game and the Pool and Chelski clashes are also interesting. The Gunners will need to win to be there next year :(

The Man Utd v Inter Milan is going to be epic!

Can't wait either. lots of early mornings to come.

BTW 7 points now the difference. Love it!

Man Utd  Draw, Arsenal Win.

It is one of the few occassions i am disappointed in a Draw from Man Utd away from home (especially in italy) But such was there dominance in the first half there is little else to say. Ronaldos opening 25 mins was brilliant; pace, skill, vision and 3-4 near misses - including a header which was magnificantly saved by Cesar.
Second half, was more evenly matched and looked like Inter were going to get the win. Rooneys inclusion in the game came to late for mine and if Ferguson wanted the away goal that badly it is a question of why did he leave Tevez and Rooney on the bench from the outset with a weakened midfield of Fletcher and Park.

Carrick for mine was so strong in the midfield

I caught the early part of the Man Utd game and they looked in total charge. A draw was disappointing but still a good result considering that SBS put up $9 a win before the game.

The Gunners should have won by 3 goals or more. The team is rumoured to be joining Missed Chances Annonymous as the the killer instinct upfront is nonexistent and Bentner thinks the world moves slower than it really does. All the same we were the only winner of 4 games.

No aways goals which is the best MB.

Man Utd have to get the win. Basically an early goal from inter will kill Man Utd.

Tevez, Rooney,Ronaldo,Berba,Nani and Giggs would all have to be on the field :p

I am not so sure about the Arse.....they really had enough chances to finish the game which could haunt them.

How ordinary is Bedtnar at the moment? All that said Totti looked very rusty - and losing De Rossi for the return leg will hurt Roma

No Pay TV means i have to wait until Sunday to catch Inter V Man U. Did Ronaldo perform?

What a tough week - I am a passionate Milan fan (no Turkey talk please) who did not know who to support...Man u or inter? Juve or Chelsea? I had to go for injuries in the end......

Terrific win by the Puddlians. A draw would have been a fair result as Real Madrid controlled the game better. The quality of the teams were so even most shots on goal were from way out. One of the best games I have ever seen.

Damn Man Utd was the only english club that didn't win.

The strength of the EPL is amazing atm. 4 clubs of the highest order with 4 others that could potentially be there within 5-10 years.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6