Manly in RLW today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just back from the newsagent where I picked up todays Rugby League Week to read the poll and got a few pleasant surprises.

1. Article on Will Hopoate

2. Manly poster (photo taken in the new Kaspesky jerseys)

3. 2 page Q & A with Terry Randall, my favourite all time player.

BTW who would of thought only 49% of players nominated the Storm as the dirtiest team.

They also said we were 2nd dirtiest...

According to the poll we have:
3rd best coach
2nd favs to win the comp
3rd best fullback
3rd best centre
2nd best 5/8
3rd best haflback

bob dylan said:
2. Manly poster (photo taken in the new Kaspesky jerseys)

A poster of some of the team. No Tony Williams, Glenn Stewart, William Hopoate or Anthony Watmough in the shot.

I could cop Stewart being rated at #2. I think almost all Manly fans would rate him at 1 but Slater is very good (despite being a grub).
Interestingly in another poll I read recently, not one of the Manly players polled rated Des as the #1 coach.
As for centre, Lyon is bloody good but it is difficult to split some of the better ones going round, there are plenty of good ones.

Agree that it is a huge wrap for DCE, no doubt he fell behind Thurston and Cronk. Oh, hangon, didn't Stuart rate Pearce as the best in the game?

Presumably the rules exclude self, teammates & own coach from options you can select?

Cooper and Lyon are the two best centres going around. Lyon would shade Cooper defensively. Cooper is the only Goons player I rate. Stewart is better defensively than Slater and is a consistently better scorer of tries, and Des is the best coach in the comp. How many times have we been in the top eight over the past number of years since he inherited a basket case? and he's done it without cheating. And I would reject the dirty tag. There's a heap of teams that are grubbier. The Tigers and Parra would be up there.

didn't like reading that hoppa said he may not end up back at manly after his mission.

also matai is a better centre than cooper

Brookie, I havnt read the RLW, but there was article somewhere today suggesting Manly are close to securing him a contract when he completes his mission. I think other clubs may be hesitant in signing him after 2 years out of the game - personally i think he'll come back a more complete player.

Id rather he came back with some of the devil in him! Maybe he should just hang around Matai for a while?

if stewie can come back after his 2 years than hoppa will too. Just hope the money isnt over the top

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8