Manly in Auckland

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

veegee

Even though the game and the weather were a bit dull, my kids and I has a great time watching the Mighty Sea Eagles play in Auckland.

Living in Auckland, we only get to watch Manly play live once a year and we really look forward to this particular game. To top off a great game, my kid and I (plus few other local supporters) stayed around after the game and got Autographs and photos with the players.

My 6 old son and my 12 year old daughter are over the moon (as is their old man) having our jerseys autographed and photos with the players. Having supported Manly since 1988 (when I lived in Manly in late 80’s and early 90’s) it was a dream come true for us to meet our favourite player >> Steve Menzies (my 6 ear old hasn’t stopped talking about him).

My kids also mentioned to me on how friendly the players were and I would like to say a big thank you to all the players in particular Menzies, Brett and Glenn Stewart, Bell, Kite, Lyon and also Toovey.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Great post Veegee, good to see the players taking the time to look after the supporters

Great post Veegee,  was at the game as well!  First Manly game i've been to.  Was as much of a thrill to me as it was to probably your two kids!!

I was in the West stand, and got to see alot of the manly heirarchy, Toovey, Crusher and Des etc

But what i'll remember the most is immediatly after the game finished Des was coming down the steps making his way to the sheds and a couple of manly fans stopped and asked for his autograph, to which he gave them.  Great to see the manly club looking after their fans.  Although in saying that I couldn't find any merchandise stands selling Sea Eagle gear!

I am interested to hear how much trouble Vidmar got in while he was there.  Any of you hear some manly supporter singing??

Ha!
No trouble Wheel (Mind you mine and Groggo's rendition of Eagle Rock at the end of the game wasn't well received by some of our Kiwi cousins!!)

We were also in the West Stand and pretty much at the bottom of the stand near the running track.

Not the best view of the game but close to the tunnel where the boys ran out and we had the Warriors bench directly in front of us (old Pricey was sucking it up when he came off after 20 mins - he looked buggered the poor lad!)

A few Manly supporters scattered around the place but of course not in any great number...I see the Titans game on the Gold Coast is going to be huge with the "official after game function" sold out already and a good number of tickets in the Bay 14 away supporters already sold so should be a huge night.

Wheel - are you going to the Gold Coast (or Gosford on Saturday) would be good to catch up for a chat?

Cheers
Vid

vidmar link said:
Wheel - are you going to the Gold Coast (or Gosford on Saturday) would be good to catch up for a chat?

Cheers
Vid

Vidmar - My leave pass doesn't stretch to the Gold Coast but I will be up at gosford on saturday night.  Still fine tuning how we will get there etc but I think we are going to the Gosford Hotel (in the main street probably 500 metres fromt he ground) pre game probably arrive 5:30 PM give or take 30 miuntes depending on the driver.  Went to the Leagues Club before the Cowboys match - food was crap, long queues for beer etc.

Will confirm arrangements tomorrow

when is the gold coast game, I may drive down for the weekend

Next weekend after the Knights game - how long is the drive from hervey bay?

**** didn't think it was that far, oh well closer than Brookie I suppose

lol yeah it's still a bit of a hike, depending on traffic really. I could always fly down. Though I have been traveling all but one weekend since mid may so was looking forward to a few weekends of being at home

Hi Wheel,
Will be going on the supporters bus to the game on Saturday but getting on at Hornsby with the kids (long story) - have already made arrangements to meet people at the Leagues club (If you sign up for the $4.40 membership they let you skip the queue and means you can nip in quickly after the game and grab a few take away beers for the journey home) - I'll have the kids with me so will be the best option as we can set up camp in the Bistro (We generally eat on the bus anyway)
We'll be right on the corner of the Eastern Stand/Northern Concourse and stand at the back of the stand next to the Eagle Boys pizza stand - say G'day if you are passing?

Sounds good to catch up at the ground, have to rely on others as far as transport/venues etc, I am in Bay 27 row N which I think is on Western side near the tunnel.  I keep an eye for the eagle boys stand.

Cheers

Wheel

Yep, you are right on the half way line in the lower section of the Western Stand (see http://www.centralcoaststadium.com.au/tickets.asp) and click on the stadium map to enlarge it?
We stand right on the corner as mentioned (so at the Northern end of the back of Bay 44) - Good view, under cover and an easy place for the kids to locate us if they have a wander with their mates or go to the loo etc.

I'm thinking of heading down for the GC game too.

I'll decide early next week.

See if any of the boys are interested.

G'day Fluffy, We'll be easy to find (as per post above)
If you're passing come over and say G'day?

Cheers
Vid

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7