Manly have their 5/8 for 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jorge already makes great metres for us on the wing. Hiku might be the one to step aside for Tom T

You forgot that we just re-signed Matai and Lyon is still contracted next year. So the only way Hiku is getting on is after either of them is injured or he is on the wing. The way Tom T is progressing I would say he is going to be on 1 wing and Jorge on the other. With a fit Gutho breathing down Hiku's neck also. Hiku needs to have a stand out year If he is planning on playing a lot next year, either that or he needs a few injuries to Lyon, Snake or Matai.
Lyon will play 5/8 next year, think about it, one less half to sign, more cap space, room for our outside backs to grow and play regularly, why buy another average half when we have 6 gun outside backs (not including snake). We also have a young gun in riley travers who should take the 6# jersey when lyon retires. Carney/DCE would be the experienced half and riley travers the young inexperienced half in 2017. Lyon showed saturday night he can play five eighth regularly. Killer and Snake will retire or leave manly end of 2016 with riley travers and tom trbojevic ready made replacements

Mataiforerver, I would go one step further and say that 2016 will probably be the last year for Snake, Killer and Skivy. I can see all three retiring after next season, though depending on how his body and motivation is holding up it wouldn't surprise me to see Snake playing in 2017 (he'll only be 32 by then). After that its pretty much a given that Turbo Tom will be the fullback with Peta and Gutho in the centres.

Hopefully by that point we have a good half, preferably DCE but that depends on this week (round 13 starts on Friday night). And then we can either recruit a good 5/8 or one of the younger halves in the U/20's has come along.

All we would need then is a winger to complete the backline. And if Snake does play on into 2017 that role would go to Tom.

Mataiforerver, I would go one step further and say that 2016 will probably be the last year for Snake, Killer and Skivy. I can see all three retiring after next season, though depending on how his body and motivation is holding up it wouldn't surprise me to see Snake playing in 2017 (he'll only be 32 by then). After that its pretty much a given that Turbo Tom will be the fullback with Peta and Gutho in the centres.

Hopefully by that point we have a good half, preferably DCE but that depends on this week (round 13 starts on Friday night). And then we can either recruit a good 5/8 or one of the younger halves in the U/20's has come along.

All we would need then is a winger to complete the backline. And if Snake does play on into 2017 that role would go to Tom.
completely agree, buying one winger IF snake or matai retire at the end of 2016 shouldnt be hard, i was thinking buy joey leilua when his contract is up at newcastle but hes off to canberra isnt he? im sure there will be a decent winger or two on the market next year or 2017, maybe even give the spot to Garner or Price from the u20's team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4