Manly Got Shafted Again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
Got my NRL 2012 season guide yesterday.

The cover has players of other clubs who didn't come first !

Apparently, the Premiers don't rate to have one player on the front cover. Not even one. We don't need two or three. Just one would have been fine with me.
Just a small recognition of Manly's achievement and presence.

Who the hell approved this before publication?

With all that media noise about Manly in the off-season, surely someone in the NRL has taken notice of who won the Grand Final?

---

Don't worry they ****ed the record up They terry lamb on 350 games ahead of beaver the hacks

Cambo...there was some discussion regarding terry lambs games played on LU and some nerd bullwog fans contacted david middleton/ bulldogs etc suggesting they didnt count some game he was supposed to have played in - maybe that might be the reason they have him 1 game ahead...in saying that i havent heard anything official from the nrl though

I always make a point of watching for the Eagles on ads, promo's ,Magazines TV
Celebrating our game after we have won the GF the previous year and there is very little
Yet if the dragons or Brisbane or Melbourne
Have won they are every where, no promos
This week for the WWC, few spots on the news about how cold it is, bit of league on fox website but no build up to the WWC .
It must be a marketing thing about us not being liked, and noone liking our success
but when we get beat we get
The usual remarks like we were thrashed when it may have been only about a 14 point game.
It's hard to work or because it's across all type
of Media.
If the dragons won the GF and they were all over the tv and magazines, I wouldn't like it but I would think fair that they were the most successful team of the time, not much Manly at the moment ??? Can't work it out???

Manly Daly said:
I always make a point of watching for the Eagles on ads, promo's ,Magazines TV
Celebrating our game after we have won the GF the previous year and there is very little
Yet if the dragons or Brisbane or Melbourne
Have won they are every where, no promos
This week for the WWC, few spots on the news about how cold it is, bit of league on fox website but no build up to the WWC .
It must be a marketing thing about us not being liked, and noone liking our success
but when we get beat we get
The usual remarks like we were thrashed when it may have been only about a 14 point game.
It's hard to work or because it's across all type
of Media.
If the dragons won the GF and they were all over the tv and magazines, I wouldn't like it but I would think fair that they were the most successful team of the time, not much Manly at the moment ??? Can't work it out???
Easy to work out. The media and general public can't handle our success.

It makes sense, from a marketing perspective.

Your average moron hates Manly but they are where the money is at. Why piss them off?

We just have to accept our place. We're not liked but we are better. We are always better people and we more often have the better team.

Learn to lord it over the idiots.
Most of life is geared to the average and below average because that is what most of the population are. Look at TV and the music charts. The best shows and the best bands get no publicity so why should the best football team?
If you want to live in a world of the biggest loser, two and a half men and maroon 5, support parra, brisbane or tigers. If you strive for something more rewarding, support Manly.

Duff said:
If you want to live in a world of the biggest loser, two and a half men and maroon 5, support parra, brisbane or tigers. If you strive for something more rewarding, support Manly.

LOL GOLD

Will use that line if ok haha.

I thought the same thing when i brought the season guide yesterday, how was DCE or Gifty not on the cover with the other players, same thing with the Official Rugby League Annual. It had Wayne Bennett by himself for the cover for 2011 issue, we didn't even get anything on the cover, at least in 2008 we were on it, even though we had to share with the Kiwis amongst others but they did cause the biggest World Cup upset ever at least.

Cause of our public profile we are only news when something bad happens or we lose badly or are just going through a bad patch. We are not a good news story cause the rest of the league world doesn't want to hear about us in a positive regard cause in general the dislike us.

This hurts us i believe also in our Marketability and sponsorship opportunities also, i know lots of fans love the whole everyone hates Manly thing but i think it does need to be toned down to help us in our future to open up more ways for us to maximize our selves and stop been so reliant on hand outs from the Penns who one day may say enough's enough and pull the pin if we still can't break even the yeears we win the Premiership.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
So which players did they use?

OK. I guess I was a bit rash because they did leave out Saints the year before, and again featured a bridesmaid (Rooters). In 2010, they again featured another bridesmaid (Wotsdamatta). Only in 2009 did they have a Manly player (however, they had the smallest pic of Brent Kite), with Melbourne, Hindmarsh and Lockyer. I got a feeling a Parra fan works at NRL because those 2 years had massive pics of Hindmarsh and Hayne.

This year they have Hodges on the cover???? How many games did he play last year?

[attachment=244]

Attachments

• 2012-Guide.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 24
No BazzA, it requires a different model to that used by other clubs.
There is no good or bad, just differences.

For the record, we are good, the others are bad.

There were four full pages of league in the telecrap today, and no one single word about the world club challenge

Fascinating and absurd!!!

Swore never to buy the Telecrap after their pathetic smear campaign against our team.
This crap rag is not even worthy to light my campfires..

Penn might decide to invest megabucks with whomever is the greatest living PR guru in order to turn around our image and profile, make us admired and loved.

But who knows, then we may not be so successful?

I've always considered it a sign of strength & maturity to not always be craving popularity. It's enough to know ourselves that we are worthy. Good to keep one's feet on the ground. We are content to know we're the best. If others choose not to see that, then that blindness is to their detriment, not ours.

Whatever,

Truth is that Manly fans don't need a reminder that we play in the NRL. And its certainly true that no-one else does either, we win the thing so often that they can't forget. ( Plus the fact that we won't let them. :p )

Other clubs however, ie. Souths need all the help they can get. All I wonder is why they didn't put North Syd on there. Surely they could do with some help.

Its the publications at the other end of the season I want to see Manly covers on, you know the ones that come after the GF win.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6