Manly glory could put Hasler deal in doubt

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Such bull****. Des has sworn loyalty to Manly on pain of excommunication and a penance of 40,000 Hail Marys and a shedload of Our Fathers.

Plus Igor said he'd go round to his house with a digger and knock it down if he coached some other team.

And Bozo said he'd say something vague that would result in des and his offspring being frozen out of anything going in rugby league for the next 100 years.

And Cliff Lyons could place bars on the doors and windows of the Hasler mansion, then run a flex hose into the house,and chainsmoke 40 packets a day until Des re-signed.

Funny how Cliffy Lyons spoke about his ambition to coach at a higher level than the local competition where he just won the Grand Final.

Everyone loves Des.
No one is irreplaceable.
Where does this leave Crusher?

As I said in the other thread, surely success on the field will reap rewards off the field in terms of increased sponsorship and third party opportunities. Dessie should get in touch with a multi-national hair products company and get some third party deals going on that flowing mane of his.

how successful have we been in past 5 years?? Probably number one so why were we the only ones without a major sponsor, even Sharks had one!
Why is this?? GFC, poor management, lack of value? terrible brand, off field dramas, non existant or negative media assistance?

Kaspersky were gagging to get sponsorship in this country to get a foot in, why didn't any Aussie companies want us? This stumps me as surely we can offer something? We have Ballin, Lyon, Wolfie, Kitey, George, Foran, DCE who are great role models!!

sorry Bones, both stewarts, mauro etc, could keep going!! Truly don't get how a major corporation would not pick us up!! You could be right Phantar, clean sweep and new start in the market place. It surely can't be just the crappy old ground. There must be more to it.

Darren said:
sorry Bones, both stewarts, mauro etc, could keep going!! Truly don't get how a major corporation would not pick us up!! You could be right Phantar, clean sweep and new start in the market place. It surely can't be just the crappy old ground. There must be more to it.
It's a favourite hobby-horse of mine Darren, but this strategy that's being perpetuated from within the Club, at least until recently (signs of change afoot) of 'I'm a Manly supporter, get over it!" and 'Nobody likes us, we don't care!' - well sooner or later that arrogant approach is going to hurt. And it will hurt the bottom line. Manly were in a potentially great position less than three years ago. Then of course off-field problems led to on-field problems, which by the start of 2011 led to no major sponsor. No major sponsor, major funding black hole.

No point people complaining in this forum about media attacks against Manly, when many of the same posters apparently revel in being 'hated.'

Is Manly the only Team with Multiple Owners? Having the Football Club, Penn And Qantum making concessions must stifle a lot of ideas.

Crowe ended up being a single owner at Souths after just a year.
And Tinkler is a sole entity as well at Newcastle.

I like the Broncos shareholder business model. That way the Board is in charge and are accountable to the Shareholders - able to be voted out etc.

The Des defection story is immaterial to his guiding Manly to another worthy Premiership in 2011 :)

For what it is worth i think the "we don't care" angle is actually a unique selling point in an otherwise crowded market. Without going all TC about marketing it has the potential to limit the appeal but has far greater potential (it gives the club an additional story / marketing angle)

People always watch the bad guy....

Chip and Chase said:
Just got to align ourselves with a product that fits the self confident, successful, uncompromising brand that is MWSE.

Brand association is key - however the club needs to have a consistent image / brand story

So why do Melbourne have Harvey Norman, Suzuki and Makita when they are fraudulent and cheats that have 3 Big name sponsors i can understand Crown as it is in Melbourne but i dont get how they get sponsors like that when they barely rate a mention in the papers down there and the reputation is mud add to that they arent on telly in melbourne and it makes you wonder

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4