Manly fullback Brett Stewart looking for highest bidder as get-clause comes to light

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Zorba, Des, DT link seems to be becoming apparant?
If Zorba is remaining at Manly and joining the board why would he be creating media chaos for us?
I think we need to face that these rumours are going to be rife all year as there certainly seems to be a media agenda in ripping the guts out of Many, but we will survive because we are Manly.
As for the Stewart boys I really hope they stay Sea Eagles. I hope they remember:
That the Dragon didn't want them as a package when they were unknowns.
That besides Des, the Manly fans and club were the only ones in the whole rugby league community that have stood by Brett through thick and thin.
The Stewarts have ties with Des. They also have ties with the Manly club and fans.
Anyway the boys are with us for 2012.
Get to work Manly board. If the TV deal goes through we might be able to offer a similar deal.

niccipops said:
If Zorba is remaining at Manly and joining the board why would he be creating media chaos for us?
I think we need to face that these rumours are going to be rife all year as there certainly seems to be a media agenda in ripping the guts out of Many, but we will survive because we are Manly.

But it's okay for FC Board members to admit that stuff is being leaked to the Herald?

Matabele said:
niccipops said:

But it's okay for FC Board members to admit that stuff is being leaked to the Herald?

Neither are right

Matabele said:
niccipops said:

My point is that if Zorba is a Sea Eagle he should be generating us positive press. The board leaks may be wrong but they were anti-Des who is no longer a Sea Eagle.
Maybe as Zorba is a business partner to Barry he's just trying to drive up the price for the boys.
Who knows. I personally don't know what to believe anymore accept that I'm a 100% Manly supporter no matter who's coaching or playing.
GO Manly!

Stewarts lamenting loss of Hasler won't have it fixed by joined Dragoons and some nobody coach they have now.

The Stewarts also were carried by a lot of Manly fans support through difficult times and not just by Hasler. Didn't Toovey help them as well?

The problem is the NRL that feeds this stupid system where no one has loyalty to any club. Makes me sick.

Matabele said:
niccipops said:

At least the board admit to having done so, in an effort to prove to the doubters, that they have at their fingertips, proper evidence for all they have accused Hasler of doing.
Meanwhile, the other party continues to play dumb on radio and shrugs off evidence of Hasler's displeasure about his own work performance in which Hasler pulled no punches in his doubts about Zorba's inability to fulfil the media manager role professionally, even questioning why he's at the club! Zorba dismissed this as "water off a ducks back".

TBH, Zorba lost me when he preached that he has joined the football club board, simply to be the voice of the 'fans'. "The fans deserve a voice" he proclaimed.
BTW, If anyone believes that, then please contact me because I have this magnificent bridge that runs over Sydney harbour that I've had on the market for some time that I'm willing to sell to you for a bargain.

by releasing the e-mails the board may think that they have put the blame solely on Hasler but today's DT shows that it has also pissed off the players"

"The two-time premiership-winning coach was caught in another drama yesterday when confidential emails leaked out about his contract negotiations at Manly and alleged comments he made about former Sea Eagles media manager Peters. Manly players were filthy such documents were given to the media and are more than aware who leaked the sensitive details.

One first-grade player said: "We know who did it. Maybe the person in question would like some stuff leaked about him. That could be some very interesting reading."

I hope that i am wrong and that season 2012 doesn't implode like I suspect it will.

They where between a rock and a hard place if they didnt leak anything, They've copt the blame for 3 months now and said nothing, there always comes a time when you have to put the otherside of the story forward and had they not leaked that infomation Des Hasler would have been more able to continue with his legal threats and contunied to recieve sympathy from miss guided supporters & players, I'm glad they leaked info nice to here the other side of the story.

Matabele said:
Exactly Tookey.

So who is the player? Seems every time the DT write a story the quotes come from a 'reliable source' 'someone close to the club' 'a player' or 'an insider' Never someone directly??? Come on.

WAMF said:
Matabele said:
Exactly Tookey.

So who is the player? Seems every time the DT write a story the quotes come from a 'reliable source' 'someone close to the club' 'a player' or 'an insider' Never someone directly??? Come on.

Well we could assume they're making it up, and there's good reason to do so given how badly they botched some of the post-Brett Stewart incident stuff. However, given that gaffe cost them a few hundred thousand I suspect they might be a bit more careful these days.

What troubles me is the article has the player comments in inverted commas, suggesting it is a direct quote. I don't think they'd do a direct quote unless it was, but maybe I'm being an idealist.

As to the identity of the player. Well it's unlikely someone in England. And I think there are quite a few players back here who would stay out of that sort of thing - Kite, Galuvao and so on. The Stewart brothers are notoriously reluctant to talk to any media so unlikely them too.

I'd be thinking who has a reputation as a rent a quote and might have loyalties to Hasler and/or Zorba.

Of course, it could all be bluster. The fellows on the Board might have nothing to hide.

Wouldn't have too much confidence in what Mr. Rothfield says - he seems to like to stir the pot

Brett Stewart misses Manly get-out deadline
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/

Josh Massoud The Daily Telegraph November 15, 2011
MANLY fullback Brett Stewart is no longer a free agent for 2012 after missing the contractual deadline to exercise his Des Hasler get-out clause.

As revealed by The Daily Telegraph yesterday, St George Illawarra are circling to exploit Hasler's shock departure by poaching Stewart and brother Glenn in a package deal.

But while his elder sibling is secured at Brookvale until the end of 2014, Stewart enjoyed a clause in his current five-year deal that allowed him to leave should Hasler go.

The coach's swift switch to Canterbury sparked concern among Sea Eagles officials that Stewart might be free to leave immediately.

But it's since been discovered that he must give 12 months' notice to exercise the clause - a deadline that expired a fortnight ago on 31 October. The Dragons, however, will be cashed-up and leading contenders for Stewart's services in 2013.

Stewart's manager George Mimis last night said he'd had no discussions with rival clubs about Stewart's availability next year.

In other news at Brookvale, the Sea Eagles board has moved to dismiss any conjecture over the future of new CEO David Perry by extending his contract for a further three seasons.

Dean Ritchie still stirring up trouble it seems with the following tweet

Although described as ''complex'', Glenn Stewart does have a get-out clause in his contract at Manly....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6