Manly forwards 2017......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hey Mark..........where di you hear about Sironen? The last I read was that he was headed to Manly by both Lurker & Mole??

I loved how he rushed out of the line to try and put a big hit on. He got so many missed tackles from doing that but he slowed the ball runner down and made them an easy target more often than not.

I don't want him to lose his aggression
Very true Rif he provided some agro that was sorely lacking. I expected Myles to be our enforcer when signed but clearly that didn't happen sadly. But enthusiasm does need to be tempered by technique. We saw in our backline D a lot of poor reads where one our guys (Georgie was a serial offender) rushed out of the line and tackled no one then it was simple passing taking advantage of the overlap created and try time . Darcy will always be aggressive but we need him tackling effectively and safely. Have we got a new D coach yet??? The wonder boy Seibold did zero so hopefully we can find someone effective in that role in 2017

Don't forget Billy Bainbridge debuted for us at just 18 (a few days before turning 19). He ran good tough lines and defended with intensity, didn't look out of place at all.

He is 98kg at 18 so will end up another 5kg heavier as well so size is not an issue.

I think there is a reason the club signed him for 3 years last season.

Don't forget Billy Bainbridge debuted for us at just 18 (a few days before turning 19). He ran good tough lines and defended with intensity, didn't look out of place at all.

He is 98kg at 18 so will end up another 5kg heavier as well so size is not an issue.

I think there is a reason the club signed him for 3 years last season.
Pretty sure he is only signed for this year

I really love darcys aggression but his tackling technique needs a lot of work.. Nearly everytime he trys to put a big hit on its a half baked shoulder charge up near the head & never really stopping the ball carrier .. He will end up on the sideline either injuring himself or somebody or thru suspension ..

Hey Mark..........where di you hear about Sironen? The last I read was that he was headed to Manly by both Lurker & Mole??
It was on the manly daily, the club said we didn't try get Greg bird, aren't trying to get Sironen and were never releasing Matt Parcell

hope we give Lawrence the starting spot at second row (provided he can adjust) and have lane coming off the bench

Lawrence as I've said previously is one of the (in my opinion THE) mentally toughest players in our side. So if he can play at second row our pack would be unbreakable. Very happy with the forwards we've got, not one mixed one expcept for the combo of Myles and brown who may not even make the side to begin with

Has Lawrence been resigned yet? I can't find anywhere that says that, I know he was off contract 2016?

Has Lawrence been resigned yet? I can't find anywhere that says that, I know he was off contract 2016?
He wasn't part of the clubs list who wouldn't be at the club next year. But Bozo tried to trade him last off season, some suggestion offered him to the Knights this off season so watch that space.

Last edited:
Did a little research on our forwards for 2017 with a couple of possible additions......
2016 averages Matches Average m Hitups Tackles
Addin Fonua Blake 14 70 8 16
189cm / 118kg

Willis Meehan N/A
195cm / 115kg

Shaun Lane 12 68 7 19
198cm / 115kg

Darcy Lussick 19 122 13 22
192cm / 114kg

Marty Taupau 20 139 15 27
190cm / 112kg

Jake Trbojevic 23 110 14 37
185cm / 107kg

Brenton Lawrence 9 94 11 22
187cm / 106kg

Nate Myles 16 80 10 29
187cm / 105kg

Frank Winterstein 3 60 7 17
195cm / 105kg

Billy Bainbridge N/A
180cm / 98kg

Possibly:-
Curtis Sironen 8 (at 5/8) 55 7 24
195cm / 104kg

Suaia Matagi 21 77 8 16
179cm / 107kg

Willis Meehan will have to loose 16 kg to get down to 115kg.... 125kg is his target playing weight, when asked.

Pretty sure he is only signed for this year
He "re-signed" last year for another two years. Not sure when that previous contract expired (last year or this year), so at worse he'll be here till end of next year, or possibly till end of 2018.

He "re-signed" last year for another two years. Not sure when that previous contract expired (last year or this year), so at worse he'll be here till end of next year, or possibly till end of 2018.
End of this year, doing pre season with first grade then back with the 20s what I heard

It was on the manly daily, the club said we didn't try get Greg bird, aren't trying to get Sironen and were never releasing Matt Parcell
Do you know for sure harry if we have secured matagi id really like to have him in our 17 .. Cant find anything definate could be just bs like toupo & whare.. Ive heard them parra wankers are trying to entice him..

Saw him play at the back end of the nsw cup was definately a stand out . Gets involved in all parts of the game and can certainly find the try line
I hope your right mate ive heard he is a real gun .. But have never seen him play . I have seen a youtube on his younger brother & what i seen he is going to be unbelivable.. He has real talent i hope jamal is the same ..

Do you know for sure harry if we have secured matagi id really like to have him in our 17 .. Cant find anything definate could be just bs like toupo & whare.. Ive heard them parra wankers are trying to entice him..
We've locked him down now you'd like to think, believe he will be announced soon. From what i know he's only been given two clubs that he'd like to go to and that was both us and eventually parramatta. We have apparently signed him although it was expected to have happened much earlier.

Very, very good signing. I like how we are targeting some 'underdog' styled players in green, lane, uate (since he's lost confidence) and now what seems to be matagi, they are coming reasonably cheap and should be worth every cent and then some unlike someone else cough cough nate myles... It's a much better strategy then signing older, overrated and overpayed players in recent seasons like signing Myles or going after someone like Greg Bird (who thank **** wasn't actually a target)

We've locked him down now you'd like to think, believe he will be announced soon. From what i know he's only been given two clubs that he'd like to go to and that was both us and eventually parramatta. We have apparently signed him although it was expected to have happened much earlier.

Very, very good signing. I like how we are targeting some 'underdog' styled players in green, lane, uate (since he's lost confidence) and now what seems to be matagi, they are coming reasonably cheap and should be worth every cent and then some unlike someone else cough cough nate myles... It's a much better strategy then signing older, overrated and overpayed players in recent seasons like signing Myles or going after someone like Greg Bird (who thank **** wasn't actually a target)
Thnx mate we needed someone good to replace vave who i thought was going really well .. This fella fits the bill perfect he is tuff with plenty of mongrel .

You've got great insight for a young fellow.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6