Manly fire sale: likely homes for potential Sea Eagles discards Peta Hiku, Jamie Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Neither is palatable. That's why talk of Brown as some utility centre is contrary to his actual abilities there.
Nope. One guy has started at centre in 50+ first grade games, the other hasn't played one and has only ever been pushed into the centres by absolute necessity. Chalk and cheese man!

How do you that's the case?
Just reading between the lines. He's not a Penrith anymore and they told him he was free to seek other opportunities due to "salary cap pressure". He obviously wasn't a priority for them.

Brown is just a strange signing. I can't see him being in anyone's run on side, and lack of size. Why should he be on the bench?

Size or impact on the bench for me.. Not a just in case someone gets injured person

Two less interchanges next year changes the dynamic of the bench so that may be the thinking.
A genuine utility will be priceless. Time will tell.

Two less interchanges next year changes the dynamic of the bench so that may be the thinking.
A genuine utility will be priceless. Time will tell.
G'day all'Isn't that Hiku's problem being able to cover multiple positions?
cheers mike

G'day all'Isn't that Hiku's problem being able to cover multiple positions?
cheers mike

Yeah, but the interchange bench usually consists of 2 x props, 1 x backrower, 1 x hooker
0 x backs ....so if you can get one of those bench spots that can competently cover hooker, backrow, centre and your team is trained accordingly then it gives you more flexibility.
How many teams interchange their backs?

I would let these three and Mateo and a couple of others go any day if we can bring in Klemmer and Cordner and Jack Bird as we seem to be working towards / dreaming about.

Nope. One guy has started at centre in 50+ first grade games, the other hasn't played one and has only ever been pushed into the centres by absolute necessity. Chalk and cheese man!
Thaiday has been selected in his club side as a front rower a few dozen times, but that doesn't mean he was any good at it.

Coaches have previously figured there is a centre waiting to bust out of Brown, but he has never developed the instincts to play there, especially defensively. That they persisted does not indicate that he was any better than somebody like Tom Symonds having to make the switch to the role, mid-game.

Thaiday has been selected in his club side as a front rower a few dozen times, but that doesn't mean he was any good at it.

Coaches have previously figured there is a centre waiting to bust out of Brown, but he has never developed the instincts to play there, especially defensively. That they persisted does not indicate that he was any better than somebody like Tom Symonds having to make the switch to the role, mid-game.
agree to disagree I guess. I would much rather Lewis Brown be shifted into the centres to cover injury than Tom Symonds every day of the week.

Every day of the week? Did the NRL decide 5 day turnarounds were too generous for us?

The upside is we'll finally get some Sat/Sun games.

Unfortunately not. He meant "every day of the week" as in every week day. We are playing Monday to Friday.

• 😆
Reactions: Rex

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8