Manly fire sale: likely homes for potential Sea Eagles discards Peta Hiku, Jamie Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hopefully when the season starts you will understand our coaching staff's decision
G'day all,Unfortunately Bozo i'm not privy to what the new coaching staff have in mind so I suppose we will have to wait and see what unfolds.All I can say is that I have seen enough of both Lewis and Jamie to remain convinced that Jamie brings as much,if not more to a footy team.
cheers mike

G'day all,Unfortunately Bozo i'm not privy to what the new coaching staff have in mind so I suppose we will have to wait and see what unfolds.All I can say is that I have seen enough of both Lewis and Jamie to remain convinced that Jamie brings as much,if not more to a footy team.
cheers mike
I don't think too many are disputing that, but it's not necessarily a case of one or the other. People seem to assume that because they are both light and mobile backrowers that they play similar games but that's so far from the truth. Buhrer is a genuine edge backrower that will work his arse off for 80 minutes...Brown is more of an impact player that comes off the bench to lift the tempo.

I would love Buhrer to be here. But who isn't worried about his knees..
I would play him in the nines just to get him confidence back, that's no guarantee though..

Lewis has great genes. Never seen his Mum need a reconstruction..

The lock position in the original version of rugby league also came about as a result of those given #13's being required to have completed their locksmith apprenticeships

And why don't you tell the younger posters out there what profession the hookers were required to enter into @Loobs ?

My reservations on Brown extend as far back as 2011 when the Warriors were continually putting him to centre, and he was regularly beaten by his opposite. We are in a world of hurt if we're relying on him to be a utility to cover centre, 'cause I haven't seen anything since to convince me he can play there, particularly in defence.
Browns representative career as a utility for NZ extends as far back as 2010 until present and Phil Gould targeted him at the Panthe's and saw the same value as our coaching staff . It is funny how different people see different things

Browns representative career as a utility for NZ extends as far back as 2010 until present and Phil Gould targeted him at the Panthe's and saw the same value as our coaching staff . It is funny how different people see different things
There is only so many ways you can watch a guy who's not a centre, put into centre, and get destroyed by his opposite.

There are none as blind, as those that choose not to see.

There is only so many ways you can watch a guy who's not a centre, put into centre, and get destroyed by his opposite.

There are none as blind, as those that choose not to see.
We should send Fulton Gould and the NZ selectors to spec savers :)

We should send Fulton Gould and the NZ selectors to spec savers :)
Or maybe we don't get caught in the hype about what he brings, with false justifications counter to his actual abilities.

He is a very solid 2nd rower and can run great lines in that role. He is NOT a centre in defence and would be as big a liability as we've seen used in recent times.

I think Brown would be an excellent utility. Centre may not be his preferred position, but he COULD play there worst case scenario. I've seen him and Api play Hooker for the Panthers quite a bit last year, and boy, were they are a solid tandem.

That being said, I think size, mobility and power will be the emphasis going forward in the game, so my ideal backrow is still Meteo (who at his best is destructive), Symonds (who I still can't understand why people under-rate him so much), and well...our one and only Taupau.

That way, when one needs replacing, against tiring defenses, Brown comes on and run holes.

Man, would the footy start already !

Or maybe we don't get caught in the hype about what he brings, with false justifications counter to his actual abilities.

He is a very solid 2nd rower and can run great lines in that role. He is NOT a centre in defence and would be as big a liability as we've seen used in recent times.
You are entitled to your views feathered friend . We are in a rebuilding process and our coaching staff believe he is one of the players that we need to be a top of the table team again .

I think Brown would be an excellent utility. Centre may not be his preferred position, but he COULD play there worst case scenario. I've seen him and Api play Hooker for the Panthers quite a bit last year, and boy, were they are a solid tandem.

That being said, I think size, mobility and power will be the emphasis going forward in the game, so my ideal backrow is still Meteo (who at his best is destructive), Symonds (who I still can't understand why people under-rate him so much), and well...our one and only Taupau.

That way, when one needs replacing, against tiring defenses, Brown comes on and run holes.

Man, would the footy start already !
12342380_803005873158469_7975766775958881276_n.jpg

Yet Gus didn't fight too hard to keep him ?? That's funny.

Yet Gus didn't fight too hard to keep him ?? That's funny.
It is also funnier that Brown has been regularly selected to play for his country since 2010 .
Fulton and our coaching staff fought to sign him and that will do me Chippy :)

Brown is just a strange signing. I can't see him being in anyone's run on side, and lack of size. Why should he be on the bench?

Size or impact on the bench for me.. Not a just in case someone gets injured person

@BOZO is trying to catch me for the most number of posts on Silvertails, he's on fire in this thread ( and not a ZtH in sight).

Last edited:
It is also funnier that Brown has been regularly selected to play for his country since 2010 .
Fulton and our coaching staff fought to sign him and that will do me Chippy :)[/QUOTE
G'day all,Peta Hiku has been a test player for N.Z for the last 2 years and they appear to be fighting even harder to get rid of him.
cheers mike

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4