Manly fire sale: likely homes for potential Sea Eagles discards Peta Hiku, Jamie Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Once upon a time forward positions were defined by where the players packed into a scrum.

Hard to believe I know.
I remember in about 1987_88 fatty complaining to the ref when Parra i think had a forward standing out of a scrum, of course no penalty.

Once upon a time forward positions were defined by where the players packed into a scrum.

Hard to believe I know.
The lock position in the original version of rugby league also came about as a result of those given #13's being required to have completed their locksmith apprenticeships

The lock position in the original version of rugby league also came about as a result of those given #13's being required to have completed their locksmith apprenticeships
Except that, at that time, #13 was a prop.

Except that, at that time, #13 was a prop.
The #8 jerseys were locked in as locks
The #8 jerseys became locked in as props
The #13 jerseys were locked in as props
The #13 jerseys became locked in as locks
Now #13s, locks, are locked in as props.

We've returned full circle.

Manly need a BigBoppa who can do some real damage in attack and defence. A metre eater who can bend the line and average over 125 m per game. (Someone like Junior Paulo ) except Parra don't use him right.

Manly need a BigBoppa who can do some real damage in attack and defence. A metre eater who can bend the line and average over 125 m per game. (Someone like Junior Paulo ) except Parra don't use him right.
Rumour is that Junior Paulo has told the eels that he will be playing elsewhere in 2017.

Probably the raiders. Lol at Parra

While I agree that Tapau will play lock, what is everyones thoughts on swapping him and Jake? Tapau can then rotate for impact minutes and Jake can be the big minutes workhorse lock ala Paul Gallen.
It really doesnt matter what number they wear, these days you have 3 middle forwards on the field......regardless of whether Jake wears the 8, 10, 11, 12 or 13 he will be a middle forward playing big minutes and regardless of Tapau wears 8, 10, 11, 12 or 13 he will be a middle forward playing short stints for maximum impact

What would our run on forwards be, how long do they stay on and who replaces them off the bench.
Interesting question for the coach. Could depend on the opposition lineup each game?

Today I watched the match from the Anzac weekend this year where we beat Melbourne at AAMI park.

Two players that were absolutely outstanding that day were Jamie Buhrer and Peta Hiku. Jamie ended up doing his knee in this game and it was easy to see why...his work rate in that match was scary! He was in every second tackle, a couple of which were out and out try savers, and he bumped the ball up tirelessly. I remember Toovey giving him a special mention in the press conference after that match about how outstanding he was before he went off injured. I hope he comes back 100% and recaptures this form.

Hiku was also very dangerous and drifted outside his man nicely a number of times and used his deceptive fend. He also made some important tackles and put his body on the line. He did look a little lost at times at defence but he was shifted last minute from fullback and defended inside David Williams who had just come back into the side. It's going to be hard to watch this guy playing for the opposition.

G'day all,No one can convince me that Lewis Brown can bring more to the team than Jamie does.No disrespect to Lewis as he is a good player but he is one signing that I don't understand as we have multiple options ahead of him in his preferred positions.
cheers mike

G'day all,No one can convince me that Lewis Brown can bring more to the team than Jamie does.No disrespect to Lewis as he is a good player but he is one signing that I don't understand as we have multiple options ahead of him in his preferred positions.
cheers mike
Hopefully when the season starts you will understand our coaching staff's decision

cheers mike
It's Brown's utility value and the fact that he came cheap. My guess is Brown will play off the bench and come on as an impact player in the backrow (he is good at lifting the tempo), or as cover for Killer and Matai in the centres if they happen to go down. He can also cover hooker if we are only carrying one of Koroisau or Parcell. For that reason, I can understand his signing; I don't think Barrett has ever intended for him to come along and replace the other backrow options.

Brown also got unfairly judged by Manly fans based off some performances at the backend of last year...the reality was the Panthers were contending for the spoon and the place was a basket case. Lewis had a bumper year in 2014 when the Penrith made the top 4 and he was excellent for the Warriors when they made the GF in 2011. He is a very good player with plenty to offer.

It's Brown's utility value and the fact that he came cheap. My guess is Brown will play off the bench and come on as an impact player in the backrow (he is good at lifting the tempo), or as cover for Killer and Matai in the centres if they happen to go down. He can also cover hooker if we are only carrying one of Koroisau or Parcell. For that reason, I can understand his signing; I don't think Barrett has ever intended for him to come along and replace the other backrow options.

Brown also got unfairly judged by Manly fans based off some performances at the backend of last year...the reality was the Panthers were contending for the spoon and the place was a basket case. Lewis had a bumper year in 2014 when the Penrith made the top 4 and he was excellent for the Warriors when they made the GF in 2011. He is a very good player with plenty to offer.
My reservations on Brown extend as far back as 2011 when the Warriors were continually putting him to centre, and he was regularly beaten by his opposite. We are in a world of hurt if we're relying on him to be a utility to cover centre, 'cause I haven't seen anything since to convince me he can play there, particularly in defence.

My reservations on Brown extend as far back as 2011 when the Warriors were continually putting him to centre, and he was regularly beaten by his opposite. We are in a world of hurt if we're relying on him to be a utility to cover centre, 'cause I haven't seen anything since to convince me he can play there, particularly in defence.
put it this way, he will be better at covering than Tom Symonds.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8