Manly fire sale: likely homes for potential Sea Eagles discards Peta Hiku, Jamie Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Taupau can play prop but he is a better back rower and we signed him to play back row as this is where he is at his destructive best

The point was made that should Lawrence and Starling leave, which is unlikely to happen, Manly have only 3 props of NRL standard.
Firstly if Manly where to let Lawrence and Starling go they would buy a better player possibly in the front row.
Secondly, in my opinion, If Manly let Lawrence and Starling leave and didn't replace them with a prop they would still have four players capable of playing front row at NRL level. I also expect big things from Liam Knight.

He better change his Wikipedia page and zero tacke profile.
Your pulling my leg if you think Martin Taupau can not play prop to NRL level.
Agreed. Taupau himself said he can play prop or second row, but that his place is in the middle (not an edge runner); so he plays like a prop regardless of the number on his back.

well you may as well say all teams play 3 props then as they all play a middle backrower.

Funny how no one does.

Even if we do replace our 3rd and 4th best props with a prop of better quality (albeit unlikely) we still only have 4, 5 if you play Taupau out of his preferred role.

Still will lose Lussick for many games, Myles for Origin and then injuries. Going to be playing with 3 props some games, pretty weak.

We all whinged last year now plenty are happy to have no depth there.

well you may as well say all teams play 3 props then as they all play a middle backrower.

Funny how no one does.

Even if we do replace our 3rd and 4th best props with a prop of better quality (albeit unlikely) we still only have 4, 5 if you play Taupau out of his preferred role.

Still will lose Lussick for many games, Myles for Origin and then injuries. Going to be playing with 3 props some games, pretty weak.

We all whinged last year now plenty are happy to have no depth there.
Lawrence/Burgess/Demetriou/Starling/Knight/Fonua-Blake

That's not good enough?

I'm not sure who stated that we have enough depth in the forwards.

Personally, I think we need another prop if Lawrence and/or Starling go, so I'm hoping the Klemmer rumour is true. We also have the young prop from the Dragons in our squad - Addin Fonua-Blake who could make his way into the 17 (although likey 2017 more so than 2016).

Lawrence/Burgess/Demetriou/Starling/Knight/Fonua-Blake

That's not good enough?

Which part of Lawrence and BJ gone did you miss?

Then you have 2 untried young guys who are backrowers and an unsigned guy with discipline issues.

So you are happy with Burgess as our 4th prop and backrowers.

easy to please

I'm not sure who stated that we have enough depth in the forwards.

Personally, I think we need another prop if Lawrence and/or Starling go, so I'm hoping the Klemmer rumour is true. We also have the young prop from the Dragons in our squad - Addin Fonua-Blake who could make his way into the 17 (although likey 2017 more so than 2016).

While I respect all the comments in this thread and we all have Manly's best interest at heart.
This thread is completely hypothetical.
We don't know if Starling and Lawrence have been asked to leave. We do not know who will replace them should they leave.
Before commenting on where we are stronger or weaker we should wait until it all plays out.

Then you have 2 untried young guys who are backrowers and an unsigned guy with discipline issues.

easy to please
I agree with Fluffy . Lawrence Burgess and Starling have been shopped around and no club wants anything to do with them and that's says it all .
This explains the signing of a big name international player . I hope its Klemmer .

easy to please

Forgot about Burgess. Yet another prop capable of playing NRL. We'll sort of.

While I respect all the comments in this thread and we all have Manly's best interest at heart.
This thread is completely hypothetical.
We don't know if Starling and Lawrence have been asked to leave. We do not know who will replace them should they leave.
Before commenting on where we are stronger or weaker we should wait until it all plays out.
Ken Sutcliffe just reported that Manly are apparently cleaning shop of 14 players on contract (Edit: and free agents), including wolfman, mason, Ballin and more, led by Bob Fulton (reportedly).
The player list they have says Luke Burgess, Ballin, Mason, Mateo, Wolfman, Horo, Starling, Dunamis Lui, James Hasson, Cheyse Blair, Jayden Hodges, Jack Littlejohn, Siosaia Vave and Tyson Andrews.
Lawrence has been added to this list

I agree with all those players being let go although sad that Ballin could not finish his career with Many.
I have seen pictures and video of Starling and Lawerance training with the team.

Still, we do not know what's happening behind the scenes but I'm sure Bozo is doing his best to make Manly one of the strongest clubs in the NRL.

Personally I think we look a little light up front in the reserves too. I would like to have seen Vave still here. Perhaps a second tier signing could still be on the cards hey @BOZO lol. Ie not inside the top tier cap but someone capable of stepping up to NRL for a few games. We shouldn't expect kids like Demetriou or Knight to play prop. I will be surprised if NRL allow Fonua-Blake to Play NRL in 16 going by previous decisions. Food for thought.

Josh Massoud tweeted something today about the drags being close to signing Hiku. I am not a great fan of Massoud, he is yet another journo that gives me the heebie jeebies, so I am just hoping that this is all BS.

I would really be gutted if we let Hiku go..........he is another Manly legend IMO.......!

If Peta Hiku is squeezed out of the club, it will be a reflection of the many sub par, lazy performances in 2014. Like any fan, I think he has great potential... But where? He is not a winger and in our squad, the only vacancy appears to be 5/8. The machinations of the team make up have been done to death on these forums, but I fear there is no place in the top grade for him. It will be sad if he is forced out, but if he can achieve a spot at fullback, pivot or centre outright in another NRL team, he should grab it with both hands. I doubt he is in the plans long term, but he really needs to lift his game to the next level. I think he can, but feel it is too late with Manly now.

Josh Massoud tweeted something today about the drags being close to signing Hiku. I am not a great fan of Massoud, he is yet another journo that gives me the heebie jeebies, so I am just hoping that this is all BS.

I would really be gutted if we let Hiku go..........he is another Manly legend IMO.......!
There is always a little bit of pain before a big gain feathered friend.
Good players always come and go and our club always continues to excel
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!
12006318_10205943281995360_876716614965033050_n.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4