Manly fans slugged with ticket levy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why doesn't council sell of the naming rights for the oval so that it covers the annual costs of upkeep and then manly's current rent can be used to pay off a loan by council to upgrade the ground?

So ****ing simple

The Council and the residents don't wont the Sea Eagles at Brookvale. Its that simple, like it or not.

SFS here we come.

Big deal a whole extra dollar to go and watch the team of the decade. Small price to pay, people should be breaking down the fence to watch this team.

bob dylan said:
The Council and the residents don't wont the Sea Eagles at Brookvale. Its that simple, like it or not.

SFS here we come.

Without a major tenant the Council/ratepayers would be $400,000 worse off each year and Brookie would go to rack-and-ruin. Why would anybody want this to happen?

So an extra $1 per ticket at say 14000 average crowd 10 brookie games is an extra $140000 for a $25000 rent increase.???????Okay.

The $1 levy is for GA entry on game day only and goes to Warringah Council.

Plus the Council has increased the rental that Manly pay, on top of of this levy.

They are double dipping, and Manly Marketing has to work extra hard just to cover these increases. :dodgy:

By your calculations, Manly will be down $165,000 for their effort to get people to Brookie - not OK :s

Brookie4eva said:
Dean Richie said:
ANGRY Manly fans have been slugged with a ticket price increase to watch matches at the best suburban ground in Sydney – Brookvale Oval.

I had to correct the mistake.

and I fixed your quote by putting the name of the actual person who wrote the article (Dean Richie). :)

tookey said:
Why doesn't council sell of the naming rights for the oval so that it covers the annual costs of upkeep and then manly's current rent can be used to pay off a loan by council to upgrade the ground?

So ... simple
Indeed & regardless we rusted on supporters would still call it Brookie :)

I would love the club to stay at Brookvale, I have been going there since the mid 70s and back then we had the best suburban ground in Sydney.

The lack of investment in the place over the last 20 years has now seen the ground become past its sell by date.

I think the club need to have some long term plans and make it clear to Warringah council that unless there is support from the council the club will take games away from Brookvale.

The club long term wont be able to compete with our Sydney rivals who are playing out of SFS and Homebush, its a matter of time before the bulk of games in Sydney are played at these stadiums.

End of the day people want comfort watching games. Brooky is great, fantastic atmosphere but a disaster if its raining.

The club admit that they need 16K at Brooky to break even. They have to look at alternatives cause we do not have the cash to rebuild Brooky.

SFS on a rainy night is the same as Brookie.

If Olympic Stadium gets the 250m covered roof, it would only require a lobbying by Manly of Sydney Buses to get the Special Event Buses going to each home game out there.

Then Warringah Council can maintain an empty Stadium, as per the Trust deed. :cool:

What you say is true. Homebush with a roof would be a better option and its far easier to get to by public transport than the SFS.

I think it is inevitable that we will be taking games away from Brooky cause we have to cash in on the big Sydney derbies.

HappilyManly said:

If Olympic Stadium gets the 250m covered roof, it would only require a lobbying by Manly of Sydney Buses to get the Special Event Buses going to each home game out there.

Then Warringah Council can maintain an empty Stadium, as per the Trust deed. :cool:

Amazing, isn't it, that they are seriously considering spending $250-Million on a roof for an existing stadium and not using that $250-M to build a new stadium on the north side!

The Who said:
Amazing, isn't it, that they are seriously considering spending $250-Million on a roof for an existing stadium and not using that $250-M to build a new stadium on the north side!

Hear, hear !!!

Daddycool08 said:
Didn't someone post on this forum some time ago that the council wanted Brookvale to be a dog-friendly picnic ground?

and frisbee throwing areas ....man there is nothing better than throwing a round piece of plastic...should be included in the next Olympics IMO. :cool:

HappilyManly said:

You can't get to Homebush by bus for a Friday or Monday night game. The traffic banks up at Rhodes and it takes an hour from there.
Homebush is just so far away from where a Manly supporter lives/wants to be.
We're an Eastern Sydney team. Swans/Giants, FC/Wanderers, 6ers/Thunder etc, we've nothing to do with Homebush. It's the Western Sydney stadium.
SFS is far easier to get to, despite what people say. L90 to Central then they run shuttles to the ground from Chalmers street. Much easier and less stressful. Not that I endorse us playing out of Roosters home ground. It makes no sense. Newcastle don't try to play games out of Brookie. Why do Souffs want to play at the dogs ground and why would we want to play at Roosters ground?

Agree - one SOO it took me 2:30 hours due to a 3 car accident in Ryde :s

Train is the way to get to Homebush from the City/Parra, then come home with the 1A/1B Special Event Buses.

Homebush will get a roof as well, so 'Magic' can happen in all weathers :D
SFS is in need of an upgrade, but I can't see them having the clout of the Homebush Trust.

I am not saying I would do it, but the big push from MSE ( and all Sporting Clubs - none of which matter to me) is the Corporates, and Homebush has the facilities, including the parking which SFS does not have.

The Supporters are not the focus of anybody :(
We are meant to subscribe to Pay TV and buy ever changing and questionable quality Club merchandise with ever prominent Advertising :dodgy:
Apparently its called reality - I just choose to ignore their homogenising efforts :p
One day they may all realize that we are in fact Consumers, who may choose to spend their discretionary income somewhere else :cool:

The Magic Round is a reflection of how to 'package the Product' but that merely increases the cost to the Fan to cheer their Team.

HappilyManly said:
The Supporters are not the focus of anybody :(
We are meant to subscribe to Pay TV and buy ever changing and questionable quality Club merchandise with ever prominent Advertising :dodgy:
Apparently its called reality - I just choose to ignore their homogenising efforts :p
One day they may all realize that we are in fact Consumers, who may choose to spend their discretionary income somewhere else :cool:

This is where Manly should step up ahead of other clubs. What we need, is to involve supporters in decisions such as in memberships, types of ticketing, and other general stuff to appeal to other Manly supporters who are 50/50 supporters and turn them into 100% supporters.

Sort of like a group of volunteers, or an official supporters club. A club that has frequent meetings with the Membership and Marketing folk over at the Sea Eagles.

ManlyArmy said:
This is where Manly should step up ahead of other clubs. What we need, is to involve supporters in decisions such as in memberships, types of ticketing, and other general stuff to appeal to other Manly supporters who are 50/50 supporters and turn them into 100% supporters.

Sort of like a group of volunteers, or an official supporters club. A club that has frequent meetings with the Membership and Marketing folk over at the Sea Eagles.

We already have mate...The Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club (The Football Club) is owned 100% by members (Supporters), and has representation at board level of the Sea Eagles (2 seats) along with the Private Owners (Quantum and the Penn Family).

We work closely with David Perry (General Manager), Greg Butterworth (Commercial Director) and other areas of the business such as merchandise, membership, community and corporate.

We've taken many comments and initiatives from the supporter base to the board table and been consulted on a range of initiatives relating to supporters involvement.

If you have ideas or want to have a say I'm happy to listen but as you'd understand I can only take representation on behalf of members?

Are you a FC member?

For more details see her www.manlyfootballclub.com.au

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10