Manly fans don't travel

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
So we have 2 games played at the SFS this weekend between Sydney teams.

The media are already on the Manly fans don't travel band wagon having another dig.

There were about 40 buses which equates to 2-3000 fans able to get transport in after work. Allowing around 10,000 Manly fans to make a rushed journey in after work on Friday.

Fast forward 24 hours and fans have about 20 trains to catch which equates to about 10,000 fans able to get transport in without any pressures of time from work.

Who got the bigger crowd? Yep those non travelling manly fans

Fluffy, I just bumped this from another thread, it pisses me off no end.

I've never been one to put on the tin foil hat and think the world hates us but...

For the first time in years the Panthers are in the semis and the Chooks are going back to back and they couldn't get more than 25k.

The media can't give it to the westies, they can't afford it and the Chooks fans were probably up the coast at the rah rah.

For days we've been copping it that we don't travel blah, blah, blah.

The game last night was the perfect time for fans and families to get out there. It was is in the Roosters backyard, Panthers fans had all day to get to the game, a train to Central and a daylight walk to the SFS and finished by 8 o'clock and home by 10.

Yet they got less fans than we did at "our" game and not one mention in media regarding this.
It's only for the fact that Souths are chasing their Holy Grail that they get decent numbers to games.
I think it was Riccio in this morning's Tele that had another shot saying that the NRL want the Dogs to win today as Manly and Melbourne fans don't go past their front door so it will look rather empty at Allianz next week.

If Melbourne beat the Dog today, what would bring a bigger crowd for the NRL for next weeks match?

SFS/ANZ or Brookie?

Brookie hands down. full house @ 20k. lucky to get 15k for Manly-Melb

XV-1 said:
If Melbourne beat the Dog today, what would bring a bigger crowd for the NRL for next weeks match?

SFS/ANZ or Brookie?

Brookie hands down. full house @ 20k. lucky to get 15k for Manly-Melb

No way there would be a full house at Brookie after this week's effort although would definitely be bigger crowd than Allianz. Maybe15K. NRL can sell more Category A tickets and corporate packages at Allianz though.

Scum getting smashed anyway though so looks like it will be a decent pro-dogs crowd for our next "home" final. Their fans will be pumped.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6