Manly facing Brett Stewart sacrifice to keep star halves together

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Duff said:
Oneyeagle said:
Cherry and Foz are the priority. It that simply. These two guys will make any average fullback look good. Especially with the T-Rex, Gift, Choc and Buhrer running around the edges. Its a Backs paradise !

That's a very attack oriented way to look at it.

For the value of Brett to the team you have to look at defence. He is the one that makes others look good in that aspect and it is that which will prove hard for a young bloke like Oldfield or Gutherson to live up to. If it does happen, I hope that the blood thirsty masses on here give a player a chance. You don't just put on a #1 jersey and become Brett Stewart. Not even Brett Stewart did that.

Thanks Duff. On a prior thread I made special comment that Brett was solid in defense. No argument there. This is a group of good footballers that play brilliant as a team.

Oneyeagle said:
Duff said:
Oneyeagle said:
Cherry and Foz are the priority. It that simply. These two guys will make any average fullback look good. Especially with the T-Rex, Gift, Choc and Buhrer running around the edges. Its a Backs paradise !

For the value of Brett to the team you have to look at defence. He is the one that makes others look good in that aspect and it is that which will prove hard for a young bloke like Oldfield or Gutherson to live up to. If it does happen, I hope that the blood thirsty masses on here give a player a chance. You don't just put on a #1 jersey and become Brett Stewart. Not even Brett Stewart did that.

Thanks Duff. On a prior thread I made special comment that Brett was solid in defense. No argument there. This is a group of good footballers that play brilliant as a team.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not for one second saying that he's "solid" in defence. I'm saying that he's a golden ****ing god in defence and runs that show.

Duff said:
Oneyeagle said:
Duff said:
Oneyeagle said:

Don't get me wrong. I'm not for one second saying that he's "solid" in defence. I'm saying that he's a golden f**king god in defence and runs that show.

I still agree with you. Again no argument. Think back to Mathew Ridge. He was the same. Great organiser. Made very few tackles as played behind a similar pack. Went to Auckland and he was flattened. Couldn't stop the rampage of attackers. Then retired 2 years later. Even Slater, has been known to fall apart when he is on the onslaught. As I said we have a great team but for any Back to play behind these blokes is a dream. I hope Brett stays. His part of why i pay my membership.

They really need to just start publishing player salaries on the nrl website so everyone can see them and do the math themselves to see who is under the cap. American sports do it, why can't the NRL? There definitely needs to be more transparency and TBH fans have a right to know.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7