Manly face battle and a half to keep star duo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
THE size of Manly's battle to retain their star halves became apparent last night, with Kieran Foran's manager seeking a rare 14 per cent slice of the Sea Eagles' salary cap and Daly Cherry-Evans's agent asking for a release.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/manly-face-battle-and-a-half-to-keep-star-duo-20120314-1v3og.html#ixzz1p6AQsQ11

dowdz said:
THE size of Manly's battle to retain their star halves became apparent last night, with Kieran Foran's manager seeking a rare 14 per cent slice of the Sea Eagles' salary cap and Daly Cherry-Evans's agent asking for a release.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/manly-face-battle-and-a-half-to-keep-star-duo-20120314-1v3og.html#ixzz1p6AQsQ11
g'day all,seems to me that dce has developed abit of an ego,he was happy enough to sign his deal 12 months ago,and happy just to get acrack at first grade.Not saying he doesn't deserve an upgrade but he must be aware of the limitations the club is under.Typical of the selfish its all about me and iwant it all now attitude of modern society.
cheers mike

mike walker said:
g'day all,seems to me that dce has developed abit of an ego,he was happy enough to sign his deal 12 months ago,and happy just to get acrack at first grade.Not saying he doesn't deserve an upgrade but he must be aware of the limitations the club is under.Typical of the selfish its all about me and iwant it all now attitude of modern society.
cheers mike

i'd say the ego belongs to his manager.maybe he needs a new set of mags for his car.

as for the % of cap salary i think that will be the way a lot of contracts will be set up in the near future.

Players agents are a combination of used car salesman, real estate agent and litigation lawyer.

It's their job to invite competition and fan the flames of greed. Loyalty has no place when it comes to their cut.

They are the kid who stands behind you in the playground whispering in your ear. 'you can lick 'I'm'. In this case, ' you're worth more'.

What riles me is their willingness to feed the news cycle to meet their ends. This is a story cause agents talk to the media. Works in their favour. They are literally raising the stakes.

I understand these young guys wanting big $ and partially blame stupid clubs like parra for paying way over the top for the likes of hoppa and sandow, they have set the trend and what else would you expect other 20-23 y/o players to do. However keeping these players means sacking other players, does that sit well with them. Hypothetically for example, if Foran was told, yes you can have your 14% but it means sacking 3 players, one of whom is your brother. Would he feel differently about that. Surely playing a team sport you do actually have to give the other players in the team some sort of consideration too.

Does this need to keep dragging on and on ! we cant have a season with out some sort of distraction. Im not saying were not in a tough position but the club must have some sort of idea what money we have with certain players off contract etc also what sort of figure they can throw around - if they are being genuine and are offering what they can to DCE and Foran then thats all they can do and il be happy that they tried everything. Lets get this wrapped up so we can focus on the footy one way or another pleeeease

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6