Manly enforcer Richie Fa'aoso opens up about his eight-game suspension

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
SUSPENDED Manly forward Richie Fa'aoso has opened up about his controversial eight-game suspension by declaring: "No one goes out there to put someone on their head."

The Daily Telegraph yesterday secured an exclusive interview with Fa'aoso, who expressed regret at the two spear tackles on Souths superstar Greg Inglis but was adamant he wouldn't alter his tackling style.

Read More:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/suspended-manly-enforcer-richie-faaoso-opens-up-about-his-controversial-eight-game-suspension/story-e6frexri-1226634195264

there is a comment in this that i love, when asked about rothfield's comment re fa'aoso being a serial offender he said: "I don't know where he (Rothfield) has come from, mixed Oztag."

RE: Suspended Manly enforcer Richie Fa'aoso

In this age of sponsors, image, and contracts, players should treat rothfields totally inaccurate 'serial offender' tag as defamation, demand a retraction, or his resignation. (or see him in court $$$ style).

Castle eagle, your topic heading is too long and will make replying to it a pain in the bott bott. fyi

Suspended Manly enforcer Richie Fa'aoso opens up about his controversial eight-

globaleagle said:
In this age of sponsors, image, and contracts, players should treat rothfields totally inaccurate 'serial offender' tag as defamation, demand a retraction, or his resignation. (or see him in court $$$ style).

He could do that GE but I would prefer Richie to demonstrate on Rothfield what a proper pile driving spear tackle feels like :)

RE: Suspended Manly enforcer Richie Fa'aoso opens up about his controversial

Below are a couple of excerpts from the article above:

He strenuously denied being a dirty player, revealing that he had only been suspended for one game in the past nine years.

COLLEAGUE Phil Rothfield attacked Fa'aoso, saying: "Fa'aoso has become a serial offender. He is one of the worst exponents of foul play I've seen for years."

Fa'aoso yesterday hit back.

"You don't want to hear people say that about you and put it in the paper," he said.

"I don't know where he (Rothfield) has come from, mixed Oztag. I don't know if he is watching the game but that is how the game goes sometime.

"These things can happen.

"To be honest I am not going to change my tackling technique or the way I go in low for a tackle.
-----------------------------------------

Don't let facts get in the way a good story hey phil?

hi phil

images

swoop said:

He strenuously denied being a dirty player, revealing that he had only been suspended for one game in the past nine years.

COLLEAGUE Phil Rothfield attacked Fa'aoso, saying: "Fa'aoso has become a serial offender. He is one of the worst exponents of foul play I've seen for years."

"You don't want to hear people say that about you and put it in the paper," he said.

"I don't know where he (Rothfield) has come from, mixed Oztag. I don't know if he is watching the game but that is how the game goes sometime.

"To be honest I am not going to change my tackling technique or the way I go in low for a tackle.

hi phil

images
Swoop might be time for another hi Phil lol

He has had another crack at Richie today calling him not only a thug but an unremorseful one.

RL Gronk said:
swoop said:

hi phil

images
Swoop might be time for another hi Phil lol

He has had another crack at Richie today calling him not only a thug but an unremorseful one.

SINNER

MANLY forward Richard Fa'aoso is not only a thug but an unremorseful one at that. His remark "these things can happen" in reference to two spear tackles on Greg Inglis was a stupid comment from a first grade footballer. He should spend his eight-week holiday in the spinal unit at Royal North Shore hospital, meeting some of the poor patients who are in there from football injuries.

I didn't realise there were patients in the spinal unit from football injuries. Anyone know how common that is?

ps @[castle eagle] I shortened the thread title because I kept getting error messages when I tried to post

To quote Hunter S Thompson

Journalism is not a profession or a trade. It is a cheap catch-all for f..koffs and misfits -- a false doorway to the backside of life, a filthy piss-ridden little hole nailed off by the building inspector, but just deep enough for a wino to curl up from the sidewalk and masturbate like a chimp in a zoo-cage.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Only problem Moondog, Phil has probably never heard of one Thompson, Hunter S.

I understand that 'The Rum Diaries' was never screened in the Sutherland Shire. The film's distributors were concerned that the locals might think it was movie about the Bundy Bear and therefore the locals might storm out of the cinema complaining and wanting their money back.

The fact is that Richie has only been suspended for only one game in 9 years and the dickhead Rothfield calls him a serial offender , What a f***ing idiot Rothfield is .The bloke is a f***ing imbecile , How can anyone take that f###wit seriously .

Moondog said:
To quote Hunter S Thompson

Journalism is not a profession or a trade. It is a cheap catch-all for f..koffs and misfits -- a false doorway to the backside of life, a filthy piss-ridden little hole nailed off by the building inspector, but just deep enough for a wino to curl up from the sidewalk and masturbate like a chimp in a zoo-cage.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

hahaha. Gold. So applicable to so many we know.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8