1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manly defeat Parra in all 3 grades

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Canteen Worker, May 12, 2007.

1. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    NRL: Manly 22 - 12 Parramatta (fulltime)
    Premier League: Manly 22 - 16 Parramatta (fulltime)
    Jersey Flegg: Manly 22 - 12 Parramatta (fulltime)

It's a long time since we have done this to Parra. They were on top in both the lower grades too.

2. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    seems like 22 is enough to win the match hey

3. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    I would be interested in getting a brief report of the best performers in PL from anyone who was there - I was at a jam packed Brookie Pub so missed it

4. Downie

Downie Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I only saw the second half and the last couple of minutes of the first, but Dunley looked good out of dummy half and set up a try, whilst Sione and Cuthbertson had some great runs. Wells (I think it was) also seemed to go all right.

5. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Saw the game. Dunley gave away the obligatory penalty, darted out of half, ran sideways but gave a couple of try assists, from memory, (which is bad these days), maybe scored one himself. Afasamanga, or the big maori bloke, ran hard. Cuthbertosn went OK but still seems to be out of sorts. Number 4 went well imo. We didn't look like losing. Surprising really given their place, and ours, on the table.

6. Downie

Downie Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Was he the one on the wing on the hill side in the 2nd half who gave the touchie a bit of a spray? If so, who was that?

7. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    i think the koala was in 4

8. Stuey Davis Socks

Stuey Davis Socks Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +179 / 3
    Didn'te he leave cos he couldn't play first grade at Manly. Must have swallowed hi pride to come back.

9. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    He played first grade for the season after Hoppa broke his leg if memory serves me right. Got picked on the wing ahead of Stevo.

Went to England as he got a better deal than Manly were ever going to give him. Returned and was picked up to fill in the void left by the departure of Ashley Alberts?

10. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Ashley Alberts, I remember him well. Way to slight to make that certain impact. Stuey one don't need to 'swallow pride' to want to play for the Mighty Eagles, just have the desire to play for a winning side. I'd love Hoppa back.