Manly-Cronulla link?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
The need for Manly to generate more revenue by playing matches away from Brookvale has me thinking: why not take our regular clashes with Cronulla to Perth? It seems to me that both club need to spread their 'brands' (as suggested in the thread to take our match with Melbourne to Perth), and apart from the disparity in on-field success both clubs have much in common. We are both beach side teams with passionate local support that play at smallish suburban grounds, with struggling Leagues Clubs and have a battle to stay financially viable. The recent cricket match with Cronulla seemed to be played in the right spirit (not like last year's clash with the Tigers), and there is a synergy between both clubs.
So, each year the one or two Manly V Sharks game/s is played at Perth with the receipts split.

Your thoughts?

I think that's a great idea. I'm not sure how many Sydney fans would travel to see that game, but the right beat up in Perth media is what it's all about. If Perth gets behind it and spreads the news it could be good news for whichever clubs travel. I assume it's the rivalry built up between us and the Storm over the years that we are banking on to pull the Perth crowds and make us some coin. If managed well by us we could make it a game every year over there and host a different team each game. A real home away from home.

The Who said:
The need for Manly to generate more revenue by playing matches away from Brookvale has me thinking: why not take our regular clashes with Cronulla to Perth? It seems to me that both club need to spread their 'brands' (as suggested in the thread to take our match with Melbourne to Perth), and apart from the disparity in on-field success both clubs have much in common. We are both beach side teams with passionate local support that play at smallish suburban grounds, with struggling Leagues Clubs and have a battle to stay financially viable. The recent cricket match with Cronulla seemed to be played in the right spirit (not like last year's clash with the Tigers), and there is a synergy between both clubs.
So, each year the one or two Manly V Sharks game/s is played at Perth with the receipts split.

Your thoughts?
You are seriously clutching at straws if you think that Sandgropers are willing to accept bottom of the barrel garbage, which the Sharks certainly fall under.
Back to the drawing board.

Just to elaborate, Perth people couldn't give a stuff about the battle of the beaches or battle of the smallest leagues club.
The WA govt are backing the Melbourne game. There is no way they are paying anything like the figures that have been mentioned, for a Sharks game.
We don't want the fish that John West reject.

WAMF said:
Just to elaborate, Perth people couldn't give a stuff about the battle of the beaches or battle of the smallest leagues club.
The WA govt are backing the Melbourne game. There is no way they are paying anything like the figures that have been mentioned, for a Sharks game.
We don't want the fish that John West reject.

WA is lucky to get any NRL teams playing live IMO! They got Souffs last season, who are hardly premiership material.
What's the big deal about Melbourne?

The only big deal about them is that - as of this time of year when the season hasn't even started - their match against us is one of the 2 most anticipated games of the year. For all league fans, not just us & Storm.

I'd say it's for way more money than for those previous 'ordinary' club games. So long as we clean up bigtime, that is one of the bonuses of being an onfield drawcard, we have the potential to supplement our income with some selective programming initiatives.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
The only big deal about them is that - as of this time of year when the season hasn't even started - their match against us is one of the 2 most anticipated games of the year. For all league fans, not just us & Storm.

That's my whole issue with daring to even suggest taking the Manly-Melb match from Brookvale. It is the best game of the season, and MUST remain at Brookvale. Why give it to an outpost, watched by people who probably don;t understand the history/rivalry etc?

Who gives a flying **** about what the sandgropers are willing to accept?? They have nothing at the moment. The flip side of us vs whoever is that they get to see a high quality team... US. It's our brand we want to promote. It's our logo we want to push. It's our memebership we want to expand if possible in the area. If the sandwankers are serious about footy, they will turn up in droves to see whatever game is in town.

The Who said:
What's the big deal about Melbourne?

2uny978.jpg

mozgrame said:
If the sandwankers are serious about footy, they will turn up in droves to see whatever game is in town.
See you in Perth, Rnd 15.

Frogz said:
Just take the sharks to Perth and leave them over there

Attention Sharks:

Just swim out of Botany Bay, turn to starboard at Cape Solander, starboard again at Cape Howe, starboard again at Wilson's Promontory, starboard at Cape Leeuwin and then follow the coast to Cape Naturaliste, thence veering to starboard until Rottnest and then hard to starboard for your final approach to the Swan River at Fremantle - and their's your new home!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4