Manly Consider DCE release

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Manly half Daly Cherry-Evans could be released to the Gold Coast Titans this season as the club goes all out to retain Kieran Foran.

Rocked by Cherry-Evans' defection to the Titans for 2016, Sea Eagles CEO Joe Kelly has refused to rule out a potential player swap that would see the international playmaker walk away from Brookvale with a year still remaining on his contract.

The development comes after Kelly met with Foran's management on Monday amid assurances the Kiwi five-eighth has not already signed with Parramatta.

The Sea Eagles are desperate to ensure they do not lose both of their star halves and are moving heaven and earth to convince Foran the club is heading in the right direction.

Titans coach Neil Henry said on Sunday he would be open to a player swap to snare Cherry-Evans this season if a deal could be done.

And while Kelly said the Sea Eagles had yet to discuss the issue at board level, he refused to rule it out.

"I haven’t had a chance to even discuss it internally yet," Kelly told The Daily Telegraph.

I haven’t contemplated it. I believe Neil Henry went on radio on Monday (and spoke about the possibility of a player swap)."

"I haven’t contemplated it and until I have spoken to our recruitment and retention committee about that I probably can’t make any further comment."

News that Cherry-Evans could be released early is sure to divide Manly fans, who took to social media with fury following his announcement he was walking out on the club on Friday.

While some supporters would be happy to see him leave, others feel it would reward the Titans, who reportedly began negotiations with the playmaker last year in contravention of NRL rules.

Manly desperately needs to bolster its forwards in the wake of Friday night's 42-12 loss to Parramatta and releasing Cherry-Evans would allow them to enter the market.

Foran has been vocal in his negotiations with the club that he was driven by improving himself as a player rather than money and a key part of that would be playing behind a strong pack.

Kelly said he remained hopeful of re-signing the New Zealand five-eighth but refused to reveal whether the club had increased its offer in the wake of Cherry-Evans' decision.

"Our offer remains but we are in discussions," he said.

"It was a good positive meeting (on Monday). I don’t want to go into the negations at all.

"We have caught up and we are remaining optimistic we are going to work our way through those negotiations."

"And while Kelly said the Sea Eagles had yet to discuss the issue at board level, he refused to rule it out."

So basically now unless you come out and explicitly say something you "haven't ruled it out" and it is therefore reportable as a possibility. **** me...

Yes. Yes. Yes. Throw daly into the cauldron he so deserves. Pick up there young halfback and a forward from somewhere and get on with it.

A year is too long to be in limbo. Our senior players don't have many seasons left in them. Rebuild now.

How can the club move DiCkhEad on if he doesn't want to move. He has a 'binding' contract, you know . . .

Without a decent player swap I'd be surprised if Manly would agree to it.

Seizer and Elgey maybe, a half with experience and a possible future star to work with Joey.

Otherwise not a hope in hell of happening.

Interesting that Bulldog has posted another article on Sportal playing nice with Manly. I tend to agree with it except the Sandow part. No thanks, too many good bakeries on the Northern Beaches...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4