1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manly consider chasing Sam Burgess

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Eagles2nv, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,407 / 35
    So according the fox, apparently kelly has had very early conversations with S burgess management. Its all very early days at the moment, but it seems we would be interested if he wants to come back to the NRL.

Of course this is a media artlicle so I am taking this with a grain of salt.

Assuming we were not to pay a ludicrous amount he would be an awesome signing.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...-back-to-the-nrl/story-e6frf3ru-1227262531136

2. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    I think his contract was around a million sterling which would be close to 2 mil AUD
    Cant see him coming back for 600/700 K which I'd think would be top whack for a forward.

3. Sillybus

Sillybus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 16
    If it happens though I certainly wouldn't be upset

4. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,407 / 257
    From my understanding the NRL will top up contracts of guys coming back from other sports so if we pay 6-700 the NRL should realistically chuck in a mill on top. He was after all the world player of the year when he bailed.

Some mug in the Tele comments reckons the deal is done. Don't know about that. I'd be happy if at this point Manly is serious about it.

5. Narrabeen Laker

Narrabeen Laker Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 2
    I would love to see him in a Manly jumper, if only to listen to all the Souffs supporters cry. We need forwards and he is the best . Nice to dream after the last 2 weeks Manly has had.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 257
    Welcome aboard ST, make sure you have a Hard Hat & Tin Foil Hat at the ready!!