Manly completely written off

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
It's fascinating.

Never have I seen a team so completely written off before kickoff.

You've got Manly fans betting on other team grand final combos, seasoned posters completely comfortable with a Manly pasting, commentators talking about next weeks "Canberra vs Tigers" game as if they are already warming up.

Personally, I don't want to talk about anything but todays game.

At the end of the day, its 13 vs 13. Manly will wheel out 13 blokes at kickoff who have played this game for at least a decade and a half. 13 blokes who have played for over a decade and a half for this moment.

Just looking at the wild swing in the Roosters game. Anything can happen. Thats the beauty about the game later today. Des has to remind them they are here as footy players and even though the Saints team might be a little bigger, a little faster, a little more skilled, they are still playing the same game. A tackle around the legs brings them down, six tackles of secure ball grants you a solid kick downfield. They are vulnerable to the same things, injuries, bad calls, amd bad decisions as the Manly players.

At the end of the day, I would say to the team. Go out there and just keep your heads high and play every minute. Forget about the score, whether up or down, just concentrate on the fact that you are all footy players and this is 13 on 13.

If you get the ball in the opposition 40, don't die wondering, go for it.

NYEagle

You can only judge by previous form displayed. Ours has been terrible of late.
The good news though is that form fluctuates and it's about time we hit our straps.

All the pressure will be on St George today with the expectation of an easy win.Hopefully that will work in our favour.

Tigers recieved a bunch of injuries in the roosters game and finished it just how we will start this game.

Thast why we are written off.

As long as the players believe in themselves and dont write them selves off we are in there with a chance , after all we are playing the chokers.

Rightly so. We don't stand a chance in hell. Whatever good stugff you people are smoking......aaaaaaah.....forget about it.

Every now and again I get a feeling that we could be in for something special today. Then the head kicks in, I weigh everything up and unfortunately all I see is a Dragons win by around 30.

Ryan link said:
Rightly so. We don't stand a chance in hell. Whatever good stugff you people are smoking......aaaaaaah.....forget about it.

Ryan, please don't do it mate, you writing us off just offers me that little bit of excitement

Plenty of underdogs that were written off caused an upset and have bitten the non believers in the ass.  ;D ;D ;D. GO THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES ;D ;D ;D

Having nothing to lose does strange things to people.

The one team I wanted to play in the finals this year was St George. They dont have the choke tag for nothing. I just didn't anticipate such a weakened roster when we got there.

Dont get me wrong, I think we will lose. Im still right in behind them though hoping they show up and ruffle some feathers, however, I think of all things today is going to be one of the great days this season to watch our team play.

You've got a bunch of guys in there that don't often get a crack at first grade, having a shot in a final. They will put in 110% whether its good enough or not and that would be a the way i want this season to end.

Id rather a flogging but a passionate showing from our blokes than the same old 40 minutes then fade from the regualar 13.

The NYC game is about to start, and they are discussing how the Roosters recruiters have had it over us these past 12 months.

Interesting stuff.

The Roosters are cheating the cap for sure.

Next season with their line up? The sooner players are valued by an independant panel and then payed whatever you want the better.

Volley link said:
Every now and again I get a feeling that we could be in for something special today. Then the head kicks in, I weigh everything up and unfortunately all I see is a Dragons win by around 30.

I feel like this as well.

A funny thing though - the closer we get to kick off the more the heart is starting to overrule the head... 

Flip link said:
The Roosters are cheating the cap for sure.

Next season with their line up? The sooner players are valued by an independant panel and then payed whatever you want the better.

They DO have Melbourne Storm recruitment officer of the last 1/2 a decade. Is anyone surprised they are now able to "find" cap space like Melbourne used to?

Apparently a couple of days after signing with the roosters jwh turned up to training in a brand new ford worth 50k

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6