Manly Coaches.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I dare say that patience levels appear to have waned somewhat in recent times.

The best thing that could happen to our club (read: supporter base) is a few lean years to remind us that success needs to be earned and cherished, rather than expected.

Don't get me wrong - I am (by definition) a Millennial - part of the entitled generation that doesn't feel the need to work hard, put in hard yards, and be patient. But I don't think it is only our young supporters who have forgotten what it is like to earn success.

I think we have all been spoilt to a degree, and have perhaps become too expectant.

I for one am comfortable enough with our situation. I think things will get worse before they get better - but that isn't always a bad thing.

I think committing to a 5-year cycle is actually a worthy aspiration.. I have always enjoyed reading @Mark from Brisbane this year saying that our Premiership window is 2020.

I for one completely agree with him.

We will miss the 8 again next year. Feel free to quote me and mock me on that at some stage.

Missing the 8 is fine, if it means we rebuild and improve as a club in the long run.

Forgot about c-c in 1962! So in a sense you were right.

It would be nice if men like Willey, Stanton, Roy Bull etc. could be honoured in the grandstand naming stakes in coming years.

Last edited:
The current problem is that our once in a decade guaranteed premiership came in the first year of the current decade, hope we snag one before 2029 or it will be a long slog here on Silvertails

To add to the theory of Manly performing better under our own, our 1st coach Harold Johnson from souffs, (the reason for his appointment was never fully understood) lasted only half a year.
After a promising start was sacked after 5 straight losses.
At least Trent's doubled that but if, at the halfway mark next year things haven't improved, we should consider giving Harold another crack.

OMG it's 5 years since we were premiers, and 3 years since we even made a grand final. The sky is falling!
By the way, in 2010 Stanton was temporarily re-appointed as Storm caretaker-CEO in the wake of the storm salary cap scandal

Sadly my feeling is the problem isn't with the Coaching staff (well mostly) but rather the people pulling the strings at the top, the owners of the club. The original ownership structure was put in place for a reason, to avoid exactly what is going on there right now!!!

The really sad part is they are going to be a hell of allot harder to get rid of than a coach, the only way that'll happen is if they go bankrupt, and that will be another crisis, selling the club to anybody in a panic. I'm concerned that this will end very badly, possibly with the Sea Eagles no longer being in the NRL.

OMG it's 5 years since we were premiers, and 3 years since we even made a grand final. The sky is falling!
By the way, in 2010 Stanton was temporarily re-appointed as Storm caretaker-CEO in the wake of the storm salary cap scandal
The sky fell when Baz was appointed. Shocking season and shocking results from a shocking coach..

I understood that the late great Ron Willey was homeless and suffering from dementia. Arko attempted to help and re house him but he would venture back out again.
A sad way for one of the sharpest league minds to see his time out.
Wasn't aware of that, sad to hear that's how he spent the last of his days. Seems you were right @Woodsie

Have you not read some of the posts here over the last 3 months ??
No I don't and I'm prepared to pay him due respect for next season at least.

Yes i read every day if i can. That doesnt mean that theyre right. Thats good that you give him a chance at least. gone are the days of bozo des etc given 5 years to build to a title unfortunately (at any club). I say give a rookie coach a chance. Yeah he makes some decisions that we wont approve of at times, but he's at least trying things with an ever changing squad. Everybody needs to take that into consideration before typing imo. Im sure some do

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2