Manly co-captain's shoulder surgery

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
As if losing to the Roosters at Brookvale for the first time in almost a decade wasn’t bad enough Manly received a jolt with news co-captain Jason King will be sidelined for at least another four months.

Manly’s woes after Monday night’s bruising loss to Sydney Roosters have been compounded by the news that co-captain Jason King could miss the rest of the season.

Despite having a one-man advantage over Sydney Roosters for the final 10 minutes of Monday Night Football at Brookvale Oval, the Sea Eagles crashed to a 16-4 loss that ended nine years without a win on the northern beaches for the Bondi boys.

Geoff Toovey’s side is already without its talisman Brett Stewart until sometime during the State of Origin series while an anterior cruciate ligament injury has ended back-rower Joe Galuvao’s season.

King had been listed to return in Round 9 but that comeback has been abandoned.

“Kingy is going to have shoulder surgery and we’re hoping to have him back towards the end of the season,” coach Toovey told NRL.com.

“You’ve got to wait for those things to settle down a little bit before you make the decision on surgery. We decided a few days ago.”

Asked if King would return for the finals or before, Toovey said: “We don’t know. We’re just hoping.”

The former NSW star missed the Sea Eagles’ last premiership campaign with a pectoral muscle injury and was also troubled by shoulder problems last year. King is contracted until the end of next season.

The Sea Eagles lifted their intensity at halftime last night but the tricolours staved off several waves of attack before hooker Jake Friend scored in the final two minutes to make the margin deceptively comfortable.

Meanwhile Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson said the bar for a send-off had probably been lowered by match officials since the fiery Manly-South Sydney match at Brookvale on April 26.

Robinson made the comment during the post-match media conference but then expanded on his thoughts significantly on radio.

“Maybe they might have changed since the Souths-Manly game,” he said. “Maybe they had a chat about it and maybe they’re a bit clearer about what is a send-off.

“Hopefully they are.”

Robinson later told Triple M he had no doubt this had occurred. “The spear tackles (in that game) were worse than tonight,” he said

Manly travel to Melbourne for their third consecutive Monday Night Football game, next week against the Storm.

http://www.nrl.com/manly-co-captains-shoulder-surgery-/tabid/10874/newsid/72258/default.aspx

Will be sad if it ends like this for the big man.Ended up a lot better player than I thought he would and seems to be universally respected across our playing group and the NRL.Best wishes to him.

We are going to miss him big time with the coaching staff obviously having zero confidence in any of our fit back up players.

2 weeks is a long time in footy.Before the bunnies game were flying high,two weeks later decimated.09 all over again.

Ends like this?

King isn't off contract, he has an important role to play for us next year with a far more inexperienced front row

Brent, Joe and Rose will be gone so we need king and Lawrence (and hopefully a new signing) to bring Sao and Jake along

I have heard from good sources he is considering retirement .That is what I meant by this. The injury is bad and the third time he has done something similar.

Did Joe do his ACL as well as his achilles ?? That's some injury.

As for King, that's bad news on top of losing Joe.

We need a prop. What's Ray Cashmere doing ? Didn't Danny Wicks get parole the other day ? ;)

Yes I think that's the end for Kingy as well, I can see him and Nood being paraded around Brookvale V the Panthers in Round 26 waving from the back of Hi-Luxes sayinbg Sayonara

We may not have any option other than to bring up the young guys earlier than expected.

OR buy an English Prop...maybe Kevin Ward might still ve available???

I don't see our props as a major problem. We only need two props as numbers 16 and 17 are not required to participate on game day. We are the only team in the comp where number 16 is the travelling emergency.

Heard that the plan is to drop off one player each game until we play with just Snake.

Second last to be dropped is choc

That was all we need is a team of Brett stewy's will come true.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Yes I think that's the end for Kingy as well, I can see him and Nood being paraded around Brookvale V the Panthers in Round 26 waving from the back of Hi-Luxes sayinbg Sayonara

We may not have any option other than to bring up the young guys earlier than expected.

OR buy an English Prop...maybe Kevin Ward might still ve available???

Thanks Mark, it's great to still be thought of so highly at Brookvale a quarter of a century on. Unfortunately the knees are rooted and I struggle to get through a Northern England winter these days. I can however give a big wrap to the Manly recruitment team and the way they go about their business.....this injury may yet turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6