Manly chase James Roberts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't tell me Willis Meehan went home early trying to find Api who was wandering around in someones back yard but he'd already hooked up with Foz and was at Dee Why tab having a little punt
And then Watmough drops in for a beer or twenty and pisses on Bacino's door in front of the cops on his way to the taxi rank

Imagine the Mad Monday....Roberts gets lippy...Tafua tells him to shut it or they'll have to take it outside. ....Hopoate steps in to try and break it up...AFB stands up and tells em all to STFU....Knight breaks out a can of Aeroguard and starts spraying everyone. ..Walker starts checking his pockets for keys, even though he's wearing footy shorts and then starts taking to the door...Myles feels his stomach churning badly and only gets as far as the corridor to the bogger....

Then someone decides to call Barrett to ask what they should do, but he doesn't answer. He's too busy doing push-ups in his undies on the bar of a Wollongong pub.

Last edited:
What they need is to have Mad Monday somewhere without any doors, other than those lighting the fire.

That way at least Walker will be safe ;)

... I see what you did ... try to set the night on fire

no time to wallow in the mire

... mighty fine duet we got going here .... sounds great

Manly interested in James Roberts is being reported in the Daily Telegraph.

Suggestions he might get sacked from Brisbane.

Great talent but more trouble than he's worth IMO.

Thoughts?
Current and former internationals Matt Gillett, Tony Williams, Greg Eastwood, Paul Gallen, Zak Hardaker, Benji Marshall, Sam Moa, Ben Hannant, Jeff Lima and Elijah Taylor are among the big names still looking for new contracts in 2017, would you sign any of these before Roberts

Gillett - Yes
Williams - No
Eastwood - Maybe
Gallen - Oh hell no
Hardaker - Maybe
Marshall - See Gallen
Moa - Possible
Hannant - No
Lima - No
Taylor - No

Look, if Roberts did get forced out of Brisbane and we somehow managed to sign him, I probably wouldn't be too upset about it because lord knows this team could use some genuine pace other than Tommy Turbo. We could use him on the wing for a season until Skivy retires (or gets injured again, whichever comes first), then we'd possibly have a long term replacement.

Walker and Roberts in the centres would be a good attacking combo, the problem is that we'd go from all round class players in Killer and Skivy to players who can only attack which would mean that our edge back rowers have to do more defensive work to cover.

The question that has to be asked though is.....is the baggage Roberts brings with him worth it?

Last edited:
Gillett - Yes
Williams - No
Eastwood - Maybe
Gallen - Oh hell no
Hardaker - Maybe
Marshall - See Gallen
Moa - Possible
Hannant - No
Lima - No
Taylor - No

Look, if Roberts did get forced out of Brisbane and we somehow managed to sign him, I probably wouldn't be too upset about it because lord knows this team could use some genuine pace other than Tommy Turbo. We could use him on the wing for a season until Skivy retires (or gets injured again, whichever comes first), then we'd possibly have a long term replacement.

Walker and Roberts in the centres would be a good attacking combo, the problem is that we'd go from all round class players in Killer and Skivy to players who can only attack which would mean that our edge back rowers have to do more defensive work to cover.

The question that has to be asked though is.....is the baggage Roberts brings with him worth it?

In relation to the last sentence and based on his last four years , NO!!!

Imagine the Mad Monday....Roberts gets lippy...Tafua tells him to shut it or they'll have to take it outside. ....Hopoate steps in to try and break it up...AFB stands up and tells em all to STFU....Knight breaks out a can of Aeroguard and starts spraying everyone. ..Walker starts checking his pockets for keys, even though he's wearing footy shorts and then starts taking to the door...Myles feels his stomach churning badly and only gets as far as the corridor to the bogger....
Then Meehan knocks him out and takes his watch

I've always likes Roberts but this year he has been average. He is not playing anywhere near his potential. He was spoken about in the lead up to Origin as a contender (but wasn't everyone) so I had him in my fantasy side hoping he'd come good with something to prove ... But he's done nothing all year. Add in the off field stuff and it's a no from me. Would have rather Konrad Hurrell.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4