Manly chase James Roberts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blowfly

Reserve Grader
Manly interested in James Roberts is being reported in the Daily Telegraph.

Suggestions he might get sacked from Brisbane.

Great talent but more trouble than he's worth IMO.

Thoughts?

I've always been a massive fan of his. I would be very happy having him in our line up. I know he has had off field issues but we seem to give everyone a second chance and get them on discont.
Regardless he is a super talent

Both our centres will be ticking time bombs. In all honesty we have too many players already with sketchy pasts and who may go off the rails. If they actually rehabilitate then good but this might be one too many.

He is likely to be sacked from his third NRL club for alcohol-related incidents.

That's not including the Titans who refrained from sacking him after he was arrested in 2014. He walked out on them the next year.

I'm inclined to think that if Bennett can't knock some sense into him then he is a lost cause.

Bollocks.
Bennett played him tonight, yeah?
If they wanted to get rid of him, he'd be gone, Bennett's not going to let him go unless he really ****s in the nest.
And if the Broncs do cut him loose, it would be his third sacking and he'll be off to England.

Edit: See Rangers post above, he just beat me to it.

Thoughts?

Here is my thought:

Player in the pooh, on the outer with his coach and club.

I know, let's link him with Manly. This (the Bellylaugh/Curious Male/Hun - take your pick) is one of the flagship papers of the Hansonite set after all.

Like a lot of U/20 graduates now playing in the NRL (and its mostly backline players).....Roberts is all flash with little substance. Oh he can run and he can score but bear this in mind.....

Lewis Brown is a better defender than James Roberts.

Like a lot of U/20 graduates now playing in the NRL (and its mostly backline players).....Roberts is all flash with little substance. Oh he can run and he can score but bear this in mind.....

Lewis Brown is a better defender than James Roberts.

For all the criticism of Brown, and as an attacking option he's very pedestrian, one thing about him is that he can defend, and much better than most centres. Just have a look at the tackles he does each game as a centre. Usually as good as many forwards...but then he is a forward pretending to be a back.

I used to love watching Roberts at the Titans but he does not look dangerous to me at the bonkos. I thought he was heading for state of origin , but he wasn't close. Maybe the defenses have worked him out yet you would expect him finishing off a Milford break all the time where the defense are defenseless. We have to do something though as I was looking thru our backline the other day and at the moment it looks a couple of players off being a title threat

Imagine the Mad Monday....Roberts gets lippy...Tafua tells him to shut it or they'll have to take it outside. ....Hopoate steps in to try and break it up...AFB stands up and tells em all to STFU....Knight breaks out a can of Aeroguard and starts spraying everyone. ..Walker starts checking his pockets for keys, even though he's wearing footy shorts and then starts taking to the door...Myles feels his stomach churning badly and only gets as far as the corridor to the bogger....

Alcoholic one season wonder. Fancy the Broncos shipping Dale Copely off to the Roosters to accomodate this moop.
giphy.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6