Manly Central Coast Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Aetna

Reserve Grader
If the Central Coast Bears bid fails, will the Sea Eagles drop the name Warringah in favour of Central Coast & ownership of the Central Coast along with the Northern Beaches? Similar to how St.George took over the Illawarra region & became St.George Illawarra Dragons.

From Manly Warringah Sea Eagles to Manly Central Coast Sea Eagles.

Central Coast bid will fail due to the bears thing.
If the Coast went it alone as the Centurions they would have a better shot.

A bit of history the Illawarra region actually fell under St George (and so did Cronulla) prior to them joining the league.
So really it was them returning back to the fold.
In saying that a few posters on other forums have said if you want to see footy with a bit of feeling go see a Illawarra vs St George game in the juniors apparently plenty of biff.

To answer your question No

I just assumed this was happening and that is why my 2012 members cap didn't have 'manly' anywhere on it.

*twilight theme plays*

globaleagle said:
I just assumed this was happening and that is why my 2012 members cap didn't have 'manly' anywhere on it.

*twilight theme plays*

Mine does GE. I wrote it on there after Friday nights game.

I was quoting our legendary fullback -
"Be Manly don't be a DOG"

Aetna said:
If the Central Coast Bears bid fails, will the Sea Eagles drop the name Warringah in favour of Central Coast & ownership of the Central Coast along with the Northern Beaches? Similar to how St.George took over the Illawarra region & became St.George Illawarra Dragons.

Are you totally insane!

MissKate said:
Aetna said:

Are you totally insane!
Maybe not totally :)

Also, the eastern suburbs is only across the heads from Manly, so let's get that area too.

I think the name should be lengthened too.
Maybe, Nsw North sydney Manly Central Coast Sea Eagles.

Why would Manly Drop Warringah?, when they play out of the Warringah shire. Why would manly move 6 games a season to the central coast?

Maybe just rename the Reserve grade team the central coast sea eagles? Would be a good nursery to have our hands on.

Stevo said:
Maybe just rename the Reserve grade team the central coast sea eagles? Would be a good nursery to have our hands on.

Yep a great solution!

As others have said why drop the "Warringah" when we play out of this shire & have champs such as Tooves, Choc, King etc who grew up in the W Shire.

Yeah and why should it be only sea eagles. Maybe white bellied sea eagle. Because it would make sense in spending the million dollars on rebranding an existing product.

You could add colours to most team names.
Parra eels becomes the parra yellow bellied eels. That has a ring to it.

I agree with all of the above, but would go further, except the central coast bit. The club doesn't seem to have realised that Pittwater split off from Warringah around 1990. So I would go with Manly-Warringah-Pittwater-Whole of Sydney Basin White Bellied Sea Eagles.

If it made sense $ wise and helped the long term security of the club you have to at least investigate it as an option

Shoe1 said:
I agree with all of the above, but would go further, except the central coast bit. The club doesn't seem to have realised that Pittwater split off from Warringah around 1990. So I would go with Manly-Warringah-Pittwater-Whole of Sydney Basin White Bellied Sea Eagles.

Adelaide oval looks nice on tele, so I would suggest that as our home ground.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8