Manly can't afford Beaver

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
HE MAY be interested in a final year at Manly but salary cap pressures will prevent club legend Steve Menzies from returning to Brookvale next season.

No homecoming...Steve Menzies during Manly Sea Eagles v Melbourne Storm 2008 NRL Grand Final at ANZ Stadium. Picture: Mark Evans Source: The Daily Telegraph

Menzies is back in Sydney for the birth of his second child and yesterday expressed an interest in playing another year in the NRL.
The Manly star, now 36, has played the past two seasons with Bradford but is now a free agent.
Three English clubs have shown interest and elements at Manly would love Menzies back at Brookvale, but it won't happen.
And how could Menzies ever top his final match for Manly - the 2008 grand final which ended in the famous 40-0 scoreline?
"I'd obviously take a look at it if there was an offer put in front of me," Menzies said yesterday.
"I'm pretty keen to play one more season, the body feels good and I think I can still compete at that level.

"It's more likely that I'll play another year overseas. But I'd consider coming back."

Manly officials simply claim there is no room left in the club's salary cap.
Menzies is adamant Manly can repeat their 2008 success.
"On their day, they can produce as good as any team, we are still a good chance," he said. "We've got the right balance of players there, but we've got to be at full strength.
"If they win their next two games they can be in the top four, then anything can happen."

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2