Manly Banking On Youth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[quote author=Downie]
This Saturday!

Up to Byron Bay.
Be careful mate. Judging by the TV coverage last night , there are a few sheilas looking for a fight.hahahaha .

[/quote]

ha- I saw that- the big blonde bopper coming in with the knees to lay the smack down!

thats the one im talking about pj. Flew in , grabbed her hair and started to let fly with the knees. She got a couple of good ones in aswell. Ahhh, wont Mum and Dad be sooo proud of her.

she was probably sticking up for her boyfriend Kermet the Frog....it's not easy being green!

I'm surprised we don't sign that fat sheila up because We may need her.

Going back to this list. Our depth is shocking.

What happened with the Mortimers?

Our depth does look shocking but alot of these guys that have been promoted have been stars in the junior grades so I suspect a couple will step up and we will be fine, well im hoping thats the case.

I have faith with what management have done. We cant keep buying players with 1st grade experience year in year out otherwise the juniors will go elsewhere, need to give these kids a shot.

Our depth does look shocking but alot of these guys that have been promoted have been stars in the junior grades so I suspect a couple will step up and we will be fine, well im hoping thats the case.

I have faith with what management have done. We cant keep buying players with 1st grade experience year in year out otherwise the juniors will go elsewhere, need to give these kids a shot.

Good call Garts re: juniors.

since crusher started with the team of groom, trembath offerdahl etc they have made the semis every year so there must be some talent

There is much truth in what CW & Garts has said.

One way to look at the current situation is that ALL teams have similar stats on the progression of lower grade players making it & succeeding in the NRL. Its not high and thats just a fact of life.

That being the case the fact that we are losing a small proportion of "maybes" and concentrating on the "alreadys" makes sense to me, particularly since our objective is still to rebuild quickly from the Beagle years with the max chance of success while operating in an increasingly competitive arena.

Of course the other, unpalatable, way too look at (which i counsel against) is that our management & recruitment people dont know what they are doing which could mean many here might feel like joining Ryan standing atop the harbour bridge with tear in eye and an exasperated outlook on life.

Or even worse..............being a depressive soul, vainly searching for feel good club news by becoming a regular poster on MSE :p

Dont jump Kenneth.........please dont jump !

There is much truth in what CW & Garts has said.

One way to look at the current situation is that ALL teams have similar stats on the progression of lower grade players making it & succeeding in the NRL. Its not high and thats just a fact of life.

That being the case the fact that we are losing a small proportion of \"maybes\" and concentrating on the \"alreadys\" makes sense to me, particularly since our objective is still to rebuild quickly from the Beagle years with the max chance of success while operating in an increasingly competitive arena.

Of course the other, unpalatable, way too look at (which i counsel against) is that our management & recruitment people dont know what they are doing which could mean many here might feel like joining Ryan standing atop the harbour bridge with tear in eye and an exasperated outlook on life.

Or even worse..............being a depressive soul, vainly searching for feel good club news by becoming a regular poster on MSE :p

Dont jump Kenneth.........please dont jump !

You there Kenneth?

Heard over nursing home PA system :

)))))))) Hanky & an anti-depressant for patient Ryan Kenneth in the mad hatters lounge area.

)))))))) Orderly for cleanup in toilet cubicle 4. Patient Ryan Kenneth has had another thought process (aka) "mad woman sh!t" episode.

:doh:

)))))))) Hanky & an anti-depressant for patient Ryan Kenneth in the mad hatters lounge area.

)))))))) Orderly for cleanup in toilet cubicle 4. Patient Ryan Kenneth has had another thought process (aka) \"mad woman sh!t\" episode.

Kenneth.

Saw some pissed girl on the news proudly telling her parents that she was still a virgin.

But you will be up there to sort that one out this weekend won't you Downie!!

Saw some pissed girl on the news proudly telling her parents that she was still a virgin.

Depends.

Was she hot? :p

[quote author=The Gronk]

Depends.

Was she hot? :p
[/quote]
Even the ugly ones deserve a bit Downie.
Otherwise , Id still be a virgin aswell. :doh:

)))))))) Orderly for cleanup in toilet cubicle 4. Patient Ryan Kenneth has had another thought process (aka) \"mad woman sh!t\" episode.

Jatz this might explain what Ryans going on about .... From Wikipedia

"Kenneth, what is the frequency?"

In October 1986, as Rather was walking along Park Avenue in Manhattan to his apartment, he was attacked and punched from behind by a man who demanded to know, "Kenneth, what is the frequency?," while a second assailant also chased and beat him. As the assailant pummeled and kicked Rather, he kept repeating the question over and over again. In describing the incident, Rather said, "I got mugged. Who understands these things? I didn't and I don't now. I didn't make a lot of it at the time and I don't now. I wish I knew who did it and why, but I have no idea."

The incident and Rather's account led some to doubt the veracity of Rather's story, although the doorman and building supervisor who rescued Rather fully confirmed his version of events. The story entered popular lore and remained unsolved for some time. The incident inspired a song called "Kenneth, What's the Frequency?" by the band Game Theory in 1987, and in 1994 the band R.E.M. released the more widely-known song "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" on the album Monster. It became the subject of many jokes over the years and slang for a confused or clueless person. Rather was a good sport about it, and actually sang with the band when they performed the song on The Late Show with David Letterman.

In 1997, a TV critic writing in the New York Daily News claimed to have solved the mystery, and published a photo of the alleged assailant, William Tager. Rather confirmed the story: "There's no doubt in my mind that this is the person." Tager is currently serving a 25-year prison sentence for killing NBC stagehand Campbell Montgomery outside The Today Show studio in 1994.

According to the theory, Tager, who is apparently mentally disturbed, was convinced that the news media was beaming signals into his head. It is further alleged that he demanded that Rather tell him the frequency of the signals.

In the December 2001 issue of Harper's Magazine, writer Paul Limbert Allman concluded that Professor Donald Barthelme (who died in 1989) had somehow orchestrated the attack through other unnamed persons, citing unusual passages in Barthelme's writing, including the phrase "What is the frequency?", a recurring character named Kenneth, and short story about a pompous editor named Lather.[21]

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2