Manly and Injuries

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
I have no facts to back up what i'm about to say... which is always a good start to a thread haha

But it seems to me that Manly have a pretty good run with injuries... We brang an injury prone BK over and he's missed i think 0 games through injury until now (well maybe)...

I think our physiotherapists and other blokes that look after the team have down a pretty good job.

I remember Nik Kosef was pretty injury prone whilst he was at the eagles but apart from that we don't have many players that suffer really serious injuries.... anyone know the last time we had a player miss more than say 18 games due to injury?? (i.e a season ender early in the year)... i think the only bloke to have an extra lengthy stint on the side lines was hoppa and the only injury he suffers from is mental.

I can tell you that Dr Bloomfield and his team do a great job with the players. The masseurs, physios and medical team are very good and the injury treatment is professional. The training programme is also scientifically developed and maintained. At times some of the younger players don't act upon the advice given and slow down the healing but generally it is first class.

I have to agree that we seem to have a better run with injuries in terms of recovery times and repeating injuries than most clubs, and i feel its down to the team and the facilities.

That said we have 3 players out at the moment which is about average so its not like the tigers last year were they had a lucky run.

Chris Hicks' season finished early in 2004 (i think) after a shoulder (again i think) injury.
Missed plenty of games.

Nathan Long was another that never seemed to be on the paddock.

Terry Hill from last year of course.

Nutz you do make a good point. We seem to manage injuries well at the moment.

Kingy had 2 years of injuries. But I think he's OK now.

Think we should ban any discussion on this point..... disaster maybe in 2 days time..... you start talking about how good it is, it will turn round and bit you on the bum!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6