Manly after Joe Galuvao

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fro link said:
please show me where I made a physical threat.
quote from FRO-Count them if you can peon.

1, 2, 3........

Thats the number of free swings I let you get in before I bit back, dont start something if you cant take what ensues

i took it as a phyical threat,maybe it wasnt intended that way but thats the way it came accross.anyway im over it,but you did take a pretty big stab at me when i was just trynna voice an opinion,im probably just best to ignore your sooky comments.

Apologies for breaking up the catfight, but geez, settle down ladies.

tookey link said:
[quote author=willstyles link=topic=180867.msg229370#msg229370 date=1245820596]
This has been his best year since Penrith won the comp with him and Puletua firing, BUT that doesn't say a great deal as he's been terrible for the past few years.

His best footy is a long way behind him. How tragic would it be to lose JWH and gain Galuvao? Not a lot of upside in that move...

Obviously our coaching staff don't rate JWH.  To be honest he hasn't done a lot in the two games that he has played in FG.

He seems to be a bit ponderous at the moment although this may be due to him being young and not used to FG.  The good thing for us is that there are not too many players who go to the roosters and improve their game.  The majority go backwards. 
[/quote]

I appreciate that he hasn't blown them away in his first two games, but he's 20 years old. There aren't many mindblowingly good 20 year old forwards in the game... He's got loads of potential, great physique.

You're right though, the coaching staff obviously don't see enough there to justify big coin. I can appreciate that, but I just don't agree with it is all...
Biscuits link said:
all i know is that there was plenty of criticsm over the signing of Kennedy, Rose, Hall, Perry and Rodney. If the Brains trust beleives that they can get something out of big joe that our team needs then thats good enough for me.

Couldn't agree more. I definitely questioned Hall and Perry, although I backed the others (probably didn't say much about George Rose to be honest). Both have more than made me eat my words, Hall especially.

I am sure that the coaching staff rate JWH big time - it is just that in trying to retain the top 15 from the GF win, there is not enough coin to keep every promising up-and-comer. It is a pity but cold hard decisions have to be made.

stop the fighting boys.

Anyway back to footy talk, I think approaching Joe Nullavow is a good idea, he has represented NZ won 03 GF and starting to pick it up a little. He may have become an interest to the club from the recommendation of Shane Rodney.

I know Souths paid him big bucks and he was injured and failed, but look at the last 2 coaches he has had Jason "peewee" Taylor and Michael "Hulk" Hagan. They are hopless!! Dessie can improve players. Just look at the rise in ability of Hall, Rose, GStewart, bryant n co.

32 years old in 2010 is ok, and rememeber the last few rep playing/grand final winning forwards dessie and crusher brought to Manly (BK, Perry, Rodney, Kite). 

Oh yeah, we will get JWH back in 4 years time. Maybe sooner. Easts are just a transit lounge 

[quote author=chrisos link=topic=180867.msg229569#msg229569

i took it as a phyical threat,maybe it wasnt intended that way but thats the way it came accross.anyway im over it,but you did take a pretty big stab at me when i was just trynna voice an opinion,im probably just best to ignore your sooky comments.
[/quote]

Yeah its probably best, I think ignorant is squarely in your skillset.

and if you take that as a physical threat you have far bigger issues than I thought.

Actually, my Anti-Palidin Lord Kaizar has a number of Peon's working on his lvl 13 castle. Peon's are a necessity if most of your time is speant in The Underdark - but they are ill-disciplined. A word to the wise with PEON's is to not put a leader in place that deals with a heavy hand - like an Orc, Ogre, bugbear or whatever.

Kaiser placed a beholder he dominated in charge of his peon's when absent. Those that disobey the beholder (Magtrix) generally either cop a death ray, prismatic spray etc, but generally after other options have been thoroughly examined.

I mean, I did think about implimenting a vampire, with a half-fiend template attached as the General, but his need to feed if you will would have meant there would be a consistent culling of the masses. That just wouldn't work.

Why?

Peon's are a necessary evil. They do all the work us higher society folk wouldn't touch.

Cheers guys.

Wonder what everyone thought off

David Williams
Heath Le Strange
Matt Ballin
Glenn Hall

Even BK

Safe to say there are better judges out there than us online. For mind the way to win comps is a mix.....

• Juniors you bring through the ranks (Stewart brothers, King, Beaver etc)
• Blue Chip players (Kite, Lyon)
• And gems from other teams (Robbo, Wolf, Ballin, Matai)

Looks like we are still doing this

It's looking more and more likely:

news.com:

Joe Galuvao set to sign with Manly Sea Eagles

RUSSELL Crowe once told Joe Galuvao to quit the NRL and become a church minister - but "Big Joe's" rugby league revival will continue this week when he signs a new deal with Manly.
Eels back-rower Galuvao will join Manly in 2010 with the premiers looking to bulk up their back row after losing Glenn Hall (Bradford) and Adam Cuthbertson (Sharks).

Galuvao's career looked all but over in 2007 when he was banished to the Queensland Cup and told to quit his $350,000-a-year contract with Souths and join the church.

But Galuvao dug his heals in and played for Brisbane Easts before the Eels stepped in with a life-line last year.

Galuvao has since returned to the type of form that helped the Panthers to a premiership in 2003 and will continue his career with Manly next year.

The Sea Eagles have made a habit of pinching Eels players of late with Tony Williams and David Williams among the latest to cross the bridge.

I can not see any reason why we would be looking to sign this guy. He was woeful the other night and has more dropped balls in him than a church choir on the cusp of puberty

You can attack me physically Chrisos.  I can take it.  Fro, get over yourself.  Ryan, you're starting to read like Rex.  You're analogy is very funny Dan.  There, I think I've satisfied everyone.

Parra to Manly, it usually ends up a good story!!
Most end up better players!
The old fella could be good for a year or two.

blitzkrieg link said:
Parra to Manly, it usually ends up a good story!!
Most end up better players!
The old fella could be good for a year or two.

most when they are young......though I can name a few acceptions

Witt, came from Parra and we were all so happy and thought we had pulled off a major coup.....now where is he?

I dont see the point in buying old timers on their last playing legs. Kennedy obviously was a different story, he was an Origin Player, had played for his country and was a legend. I didnt like his signing at the time, but he sure showed me. I dont think this will fall into the same category

Dan link said:
I can not see any reason why we would be looking to sign this guy. He was woeful the other night and has more dropped balls in him than a church choir on the cusp of puberty

Loss of depth in the backrow would be the main reason, with Hall, Cuthbertson and JWH all going

If we count on the fact that Watmough and Stewart will be playing Origin next season, Galuvao provides a head that has played test footy and also in a GF for the young blokes in the side

I think the most important issue is being overlooked here. Will Joe get the ****es every time Grant Goldman pronounces his name as Gull-a-vo like he has when he visited Brookie in the past? I don't know whether GG is a bit slow or is just taking the piss.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6