Manly: 2011 Premiers!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Glenn Stewart returned from the battle of Brookvale to lead Manly to a win in the war for the premiership, starring as the Sea Eagles hung on to down a gallant Warriors 24-10 in the NRL grand final at ANZ Stadium.

Read the full article

RE: Manly: 2012 Premiers!

great game,great team, great win, great coach. lets now win the world champions tag again. GO YOU GREAT THINGS MANLY FOREVER

Fantastic game, fantastic win!
The Warriors threatened with about 1/4 of the game to go, but to our credit we kept them out and took it home!

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles 2011 NRL Champions!
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhh!

What a great side,they put thier bodies on the line.In the last 15 minutes they had no choice and they sustained an ambush by the warriors and for that they deserve thier win.I am so glad that they didnt shoot themeselves in the foot like the warriors did. Congrats to the halves and i thought kite had a consistant game and was showing the way forward like in the 2008 grand final. Manly made very few errors and i was proud to have supported them since 1972 and will continue to support the club forever.Onya manly and thankyou.

A lesser team would have folded during that sustained onslaught.

The boys dug deep. And EARNED THE GLORY!!!

So proud of our team. Proud to be a SEA EAGLE!!

So proud of the boys. This is a great effort. Much like 2008 it's a premiership win that followed heartfelt drama.

This is a truly special club that we all follow. More often than not we achieve things against the odds.

I love this club and this team is something very special. Dont want to get too far ahead, but we could dominate this decade!!!

I said in a thread here in May after beating the Broncos that the eagles look like premier contention due the the "foundation' that appears to be binding the team together. it was so good to see that observation proven for the rest of the year.

I had no doubts they were going to rely on that foundation that Des has carefully constructed and will yesterday. I loved the quality of the tries; none of this burrowing over like the finals was full of; it was pure Manly scintillation!!!

It still hardly seems real. All week I was trying not to think of another Premiership title as a sure thing, for the fear it wouldn't happen. When the Warriors came storming home in that last 15mins it looked like the worst was going to eventuate but thankfully it didn't and they held on.

The Premiership in 2008 was special not just because they avenged the loss to the Storm but also because they hadn't won for some time, I'd forgotten how good it felt to see your team win a GF. Now just 3 years later they've done it again.

A heart felt congratulations to everyone at the club and I'm now looking forward to the DVD's and other memorabilia to add to the collection. One thing though..... lets hope they learn from the drama of 2009 and avoid any pre season trouble. Perhaps a simple fan day at Brookvale Oval and BBQ lunch.

Anyway.... great win, Premiers 2011... love the sound of that!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6