1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manly’s recruitment program light years ahead of opposition

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Catch_20_2, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Catch_20_2

Catch_20_2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 2
    Manly’s recruitment program light years ahead of opposition
    Wally Peters, Eagles Daily
    July 16, 2016 1:48pm

MANLY’s future in the NRL is in safe hands thanks to a number of stunning revelations made by assistant coach, John Cartwright. Taking a leaf out of Des Hasler's "outside the box" coaching techniques, Cartwright has leveraged off recent technical innovations to give the Eagles "the edge" in their quest to stay ahead of the opposition.

The latest breakthrough has come as a result of Cartwright teaming up with Pokemon Go to build a program for future player recruitment. When interviewed regarding fan's concerns about the unconventional approach, Cartwright showcased his latest signing, Blake Green from the Storm, and justified it's use by saying "We can't do any worse than our policy this year, well to be honest we didn't have one, besides the coin toss ... oh and the dart board".

We would have liked to ask Coach Cartwright some more questions, though he had an alert on his phone that WigglyTuff was close by. Cartwright was last seen stumbling around The Corso mumbling something about how Wiggly will be a great addition to the bench before he walked into a light pole and was taken to hospital.

pokemongo1_Test2.jpg

Pikachued : Cartwright showing off his latest signing, Blake Green from the Storm.

Sponsorship News
    In welcome sponsorship news, Manly have also signed a lucrative sponsorship deal with Pokemon Go. The deal includes Brookvale Oval being renamed to Pokestop Field, the team will play in their favourite Pokemon characters costume at the next home game, and they will use Poke Balls during the match. Peter Peters has lauded the deal as a real game changer when making the announcement, with merchandise sales set to soar, memberships set to sky rocket to numbers we never could have dreamed of, and best of all "no lime green Coco Joy blob".

Click here to read the full Eagles Daily article at dailyeagles.com.au

• Funny x 15
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Clever x 1
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  2. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,414 / 35
    Joke aside, I would actually be happy for Nintendo to sponsor the Sea Eagles. :)

Mabye they can release a Sea Eagle Pokemon.

3. Catch_20_2

Catch_20_2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 2
    As I was writing it I thought the same ..... our marketing department should be able to close the deal on that sponsorship.

4. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    Reminds me of the good old days, after the game you would get on the drink and try to get a poke.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Beer buzzard

Beer buzzard Only tipsy on gamedays 2016 Tipping Competitor

Dee why
    Ratings:
    +267 / 14
    ;);););)
    It would be easy to spot. Right underneath the goalposts

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lyonstomenzies

Lyonstomenzies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +607 / 18
    Has anyone made a Hoppa snr POKEmon joke yet?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. nightster

nightster grumpy old bastard

grew up Manly now Byron
    Ratings:
    +1,437 / 43
    I think you just did

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Under the Sticks

Under the Sticks Fan of fullbacks Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

North of the bridge
    Ratings:
    +191 / 0
    Damn you found me☺️

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    That's what he does on trips to Jamaica.

10. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    How do you nintend to make that happen?