Manly’s Glenn Stewart deal has playmaker Kieran Foran’s future in balance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
joeboy said:
Then if buhrer goes, aren't him and chez best mates? Does that have an influence on what dce might do after this contract.. It's a juggling act keeping a team together, manly have done it better than anyone over the last 8 years. But something will have to give..

Dce and foran are the two most important in my opinion.

So True. The 2 main Key players that Manly must keep are Evans and Foran, they are the heart of the team, young and the best, you then can build your team around them.

I base this on nothing but a gut feeling, but I think the club may have something up their sleeve to try and keep gifty. I'm sure that he would accept less than what he could get elsewhere in order to stay. Toovs and Dave Warwick aren't stupid, they know his worth to the team. I'm sure an offer is not too far away...

joeboy said:
Then if buhrer goes, aren't him and chez best mates? Does that have an influence on what dce might do after this contract.. It's a juggling act keeping a team together, manly have done it better than anyone over the last 8 years. But something will have to give..

Dce and foran are the two most important in my opinion.
Simple. If Buhrer goes DCE goes. But if Gift goes Snake goes. But if Gift stays Foz stays. If Foz stays and Gift stays we can't afford Buhrer. But if Buhrer goes… aw I give up :D

Terry-Randal said:
robbiea said:
Foran should be ahead of DCE in locking up long term.
nah Cherry is our best . Foran hasn't impressed me much hes over rated over priced. Manly should be building their future around DCE.

Gotta disagree with ya !

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Simple. If Buhrer goes DCE goes. But if Gift goes Snake goes. But if Gift stays Foz stays. If Foz stays and Gift stays we can't afford Buhrer. But if Buhrer goes… aw I give up :D
All of these Players have young families, their better halves will decide who goes where :shy:

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Maybe Manly can offer a 2 year deal to Gifty & then a full time employment as say coach of the NSW cup team

he and Brett already have plans in place of a venture after footy on the beaches

It would make a bit of difference to their business being one club legends in the Manly area compared to going to another club for the money.

I am sure some people would boycott any business they set if they went to another club

eagles2win said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Maybe Manly can offer a 2 year deal to Gifty & then a full time employment as say coach of the NSW cup team

he and Brett already have plans in place of a venture after footy on the beaches

Give him the job now

Make him NSW cup coach and cellarman at the leagues club for $200k a year.

Ralphie said:
This is simple really. Put Ballin, Brett, Glen, DCE, Foz, Choc, Buhrer, Matai and Jamie in a room and tell them what the cap allows to be spent in total on them and let them decide how it's split
Interesting. My money on Matai as last man standing :D

Berkeley_Eagle said:

This is what I've thought all along. A one club man can continue his involvement at some level long after his playing days are over and his pay doesn't get factored into the cap.

The club and Gift should be looking at "post playing options" to make sure everyone is happy.

I wouldnt be surprised to see the dogs and dogsler go after him hard again,he missed out on once,and he will get his old mate Zorba into his ear trying to influence him to go to the dogs

bones said:
niccipops said:
I guess our big Five are 2 x Stewies, Jamie, Kieran, Foz.

Roosters: Pearce, Maloney, Jennings, JWH, Sonny-Bill-Platypus. Have I left anyone out?

Choc and DCE ?
Whoops, I meant Kieran and DCE. Going on here before work is a rush fest but you gotta get your morning priorities right.

Moondog said:
niccipops said:
I guess our big Five are 2 x Stewies, Jamie, Kieran, Foz.

Roosters: Pearce, Maloney, Jennings, JWH, Sonny-Bill-Platypus. Have I left anyone out?
I think Foz and Kieran are basically a package deal. If one leaves we can expect to lose the other...
Lol. Points to you.:D

The way players are pleading with the Manly officialdom to re-sign Glenn the club might not have a choice other than to keep Glenn or risk other players leaving.

swoop said:
The way players are pleading with the Manly officialdom to re-sign Glenn the club might not have a choice other than to keep Glenn or risk other players leaving.

It would defeat the purpose of them fighting to stay together then wouldn't it, if they all quit :cool:

This is the same as the Gorgeous George campaign - embarrass the CEO through the Media, to get a result that is not in the long term interest of Manly :dodgy:

HappilyManly said:
swoop said:

It would defeat the purpose of them fighting to stay together then wouldn't it, if they all quit :cool:

This is the same as the Gorgeous George campaign - embarrass the CEO through the Media, to get a result that is not in the long term interest of Manly :dodgy:

They bend over backwards for SBW and other like Gasnier but the NRL won't do anything to help with Glenn's situation.

May be Glenn should of said he's defecting to union.

swoop said:
HappilyManly said:
swoop said:

They bend over backwards for SBW and other like Gasnier but the NRL won't do anything to help with Glenn's situation.

May be Glenn should of said he's defecting to union.

And he's taking the fans with him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4