• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
brookie link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=186100.msg309070#msg309070 date=1291892570]
Whether or not it offends your pure white sensibilities, Mundine is one of the preeminent athletes of his generation, certainly in this country. He has displayed a lot of courage, not only in his sporting endeavours (has there ever been a cowardly pro boxer? no) but even more so in his readiness to take a public stance on behalf of his people. Is he a man of supreme intellect and education? No, but he has made his fortune in a white man's world, and he speaks out on behalf of Aboriginal people, who - believe it or not - remain one of the most oppressed on earth, by any objective measure.

I don't care 2 hoots that he got knocked out, at least he stepped up and got in the ring. A lot of the Mundine hatred is of dubious origin, it smacks of the indignation aroused by the success of an 'uppity nigger'.
[applauded]
[/quote]

Why applaud SER8 brookie?

Didn't you read C&C, MB & Clon's posts? They kind of smash his position.

Mundine keeps bringing his race into it. Nobodyelse does.

Duff link said:
[quote author=brookie link=topic=186100.msg309129#msg309129 date=1291961339]
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=186100.msg309070#msg309070 date=1291892570]
Whether or not it offends your pure white sensibilities, Mundine is one of the preeminent athletes of his generation, certainly in this country. He has displayed a lot of courage, not only in his sporting endeavours (has there ever been a cowardly pro boxer? no) but even more so in his readiness to take a public stance on behalf of his people. Is he a man of supreme intellect and education? No, but he has made his fortune in a white man's world, and he speaks out on behalf of Aboriginal people, who - believe it or not - remain one of the most oppressed on earth, by any objective measure.

I don't care 2 hoots that he got knocked out, at least he stepped up and got in the ring. A lot of the Mundine hatred is of dubious origin, it smacks of the indignation aroused by the success of an 'uppity nigger'.
[applauded]
[/quote]

[/quote]
cause its refreshing for someone to tell it like it is...
without any bias, for whatever reason you dislike him!
better than the usual redneck/bogan attitude that gets spewed out when ever his name is mentioned.
fact is he is one of the best athletes this country has ever produced.
sure he has a big mouth, can get annoying even as a fan of his, but more often than not he can back it up.

its easy for you lounge coaches to sit back and say he fights nuffies, but if you knew anything about the boxing game and the politics involved with it, its not as easy to get the big fights as everyone makes out...

in the end its all just a matter of one's opinion!

I laugh at the fact that he wanted to take on Floyd Maywether and Manny Pacquiao both of these guy's would have knocked him out in the first round made a cup of tea shagged some hot chick and then the fight would have stopped.

Anthony's problem was that he ran his mouth before engaging his brain. He should have went the route that many Australian fighter has taken as in I'm still learning the craft and I'll go down fighting.
He'll no doubt that claim that many people paid to see him box on pay per view  but many pubs I know in Qld actually banned showing Mundine fights

Post  automatically merged: [time]1291993720[/time]

SeaEagleRock8 link said:

Also know plenty of Aborigines that I work with that are disgusted in Mundane's view of the world.  View as him holding them down if anything.

If I was in a minority use Micheal Katsidis as someone to look up to

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Has any Aboriginal person ever made more money than Mundine? Just curious.
What does his race have to do with it.

Aussies don't go for the brash 'I am the best' sort of character but prefer their heroes to be understated and those that allow their talking to happen on the field, court or ring.

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=186100.msg309141#msg309141 date=1291966833]
Has any Aboriginal person ever made more money than Mundine? Just curious.
What does his race have to do with it.

Aussies don't go for the brash 'I am the best' sort of character but prefer their heroes to be understated and those that allow their talking to happen on the field, court or ring.
[/quote]
speak for yourself...

brookie link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=186100.msg309131#msg309131 date=1291961973]
[quote author=brookie link=topic=186100.msg309129#msg309129 date=1291961339]

[applauded]
[/quote]

[/quote]
cause its refreshing for someone to tell it like it is...
without any bias, for whatever reason you dislike him!
better than the usual redneck/bogan attitude that gets spewed out when ever his name is mentioned.
fact is he is one of the best athletes this country has ever produced.
sure he has a big mouth, can get annoying even as a fan of his, but more often than not he can back it up.

its easy for you lounge coaches to sit back and say he fights nuffies, but if you knew anything about the boxing game and the politics involved with it, its not as easy to get the big fights as everyone makes out...

in the end its all just a matter of one's opinion!

[/quote]

Well if you think that someone is a redneck or a bogan simply because they don't like this guy, it's you bringing the race thing into it.

People who don't like him feel that way because he acts like a try-hard yank. Plenty of whiteys, lebs & asians act that way too & guess what? Most people in this country dislike them too.

I have no time for racism, ageism, sexism or any other of those things you can care to mention but if some old, black woman is a total cow, I don't feel obliged to put up with her crap any more than I would anyone elses. This is the whole point of being non-discrimatory.

I'd much rather someone who under-sells themselves & lets others apply the deserved praise than someone who is basically just a PR machine. Pretty much the most unappealing way that you can come accross is to have more confidence than intelligence. 

Duff link said:
I'd much rather someone who under-sells themselves & lets others apply the deserved praise than someone who is basically just a PR machine.   

Steve Menzies style

blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=186100.msg309334#msg309334 date=1292242711]

I'd much rather someone who under-sells themselves & lets others apply the deserved praise than someone who is basically just a PR machine.  

Steve Menzies style
[/quote]

He has always been the 'yardstick' by which I measure other athletes. He was in my thoughts when all these posts were put up. That may make me WASPish according to Mata (and he sings the Beaver's praises as much as anyone) but that is how an icon of sport earns my respect. I still see where Mata is coming from but I don't have to agree with it.

Canteen Worker link said:
aka Australian society rewards mediocrity and lambasts success.  Again, not a criticism, just an observation.

And Mundine probably doesn't fit the definition of "success".  As C&C says, has talent, never utilised it.  One of the weekend papers said pretty much he had the ability but wasn't prepared to do the hard yards.  Pretty spot on probably. 

seems like you are the one hung up on the race thing duff!
i didn't mention it anywhere.

redneck and bogan are terms used widely by white, black, yellow etc....
re-read my post pls before you continue to make incorrect assumptions and look the fool

brookie link said:
seems like you are the one hung up on the race thing duff!
i didn't mention it anywhere.

redneck and bogan are terms used widely by white, black, yellow etc....
re-read my post pls before you continue to make incorrect assumptions and look the fool

No, I hate the race thing. It means nothing to me.
You were saying that an anti-Mundine stance is a redneck stance.

I say that an anti-Mundine stance is a pro-decency stance.

Don't get me wrong. If Mundine is fighting someone from another country, I support him. He just makes me a bit embarrased to be Australian, that's all.
If I was a Souths supporter I'd be embarrased about the Oprah thing. If I was a W Tigers supporter I'd be embarrased about the TV ads thing.

I guess you just don't understand what it's like to be as cool as me. It really can get to be a chore, but I think that people do just need to pull back a bit with the gayness (and that isn't a homophobic remark, I can explain that one too if need be).

Duff link said:
I guess you just don't understand what it's like to be as cool as me. It really can get to be a chore,

Duff you have left your run late, but thats a late bid for post of the year :)

Outstanding effort.

Lock it in.

Unless you actually believe it, in which case you are a toss and i'll give you a pity vote anyway :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2