Major Sponsorship

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan link said:
WTF? WE DON'T HAVE A MAJOR SPONSOR, AND THE WORDS WERE MAY NOT HAVE ONE TO START THE WHOLE SEASON. Ser8, that's a fail of epic proportions.
Despite your use of capital letters, those were not the words. The words were "may just head into the new year without a major sponsor" - not the whole season. New Year is 1 January, from memory.

Regardless, you may be correct in what you say, how would I know? I don't know Ernie. However if you are suggesting Des Hasler is telling fibs when he says the reason is the salary cap, then you should be careful. Whatever people say about his coaching ability, I have never heard anyone question his integrity. Ever.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=185878.msg305803#msg305803 date=1289597317]

WTF? WE DON'T HAVE A MAJOR SPONSOR, AND THE WORDS WERE MAY NOT HAVE ONE TO START THE WHOLE SEASON. Ser8, that's a fail of epic proportions.
Despite your use of capital letters, those were not the words. The words were "may just head into the new year without a major sponsor" - not the whole season. New Year is 1 January, from memory.

Regardless, you may be correct in what you say, how would I know? I don't know Ernie. However if you are suggesting Des Hasler is telling fibs when he says the reason is the salary cap, then you should be careful. Whatever people say about his coaching ability, I have never heard anyone question his integrity. Ever.
[/quote]

Semantics. You know exactly what I meant. Stop trying to polish something un-cleanable. I am, and have not included Hasler in any of this. This is all about Lowe, and his inability to get the job done when required.

Damn, I remember an article where he claimed he had to "beg" for sponsors.

This brand should not have to "beg", for anything. Putting that out there DOES certainly give people a perception of the business though. 

As I said, you may be right. But on the first point, it's not just semantics. Big difference between not having a sponsor locked in before xmas as against not even having one when the season kicks off.

wombatgc link said:
[quote author=Rusty link=topic=185878.msg305706#msg305706 date=1289528623]
Billabong
liking that. Merchandise sales would be insane. Anyone know who Gordon Merchant supports?
[/quote]

Nice to see someone reads what I write. :p

No idea who he supports btw, but it would be a match made in heaven, a clear marketing op.

ManlyBacker link said:
From the Blindside column in today's Manly Daily:

It appears they may just head into the new year without a major sponsor, which would be a shame for the strongly supported club.
  Chalk that up for understatement of the year.

Desktop.jpg

Love it. 8)

The question has to be asked what are the owners doing, Lowe should never been hired it was only to stop all the infighting, hardly a way to run a business. I think it's time to ask whether the owners are loving this club to death?

wombatgc link said:
Desktop.jpg

Love it. 8)

Someone send this to Billabong, while I don't think we should have to do the CEOs job, I would rather have a sponsor then be all precious about it.

Rusty link said:
[quote author=wombatgc link=topic=185878.msg305833#msg305833 date=1289607853]
Desktop.jpg

Love it. 8)

Someone send this to Billabong, while I don't think we should have to do the CEOs job, I would rather have a sponsor then be all precious about it.
[/quote]

Mack is Back??? :p

The fact that Des likes to keep manly "under the radar" might not help re. sponsorship. Also this year we had a heap of monday games which also doesn't help because of the limited exposure for sponsors.

Surely the Penn's and Delmege's should have "mates" as potential sponsors or as third party endorsement for players, like souths with Holmes a court and Twiggy Forrest.

Saying that Mayer would have attracted a sponsor by now is hypothetical. Jury is still out on Lowe but if he can deliver us a sponsor before the start of the season it will go a long way to satisfy the people who put him in as CEO.

I remember the good ol days (NE...) where mightyeagles.com.au or something was slapped on the front of the jersey.

And i think i'd rather have that than an obscure company, at least for a while.  Not to nitpick, i'm happy AAA Radiators is sponsoring but who are they?  Had some great sleeve sponsors lately with Mack and Dairy Farmers and now AAA Radiators. 

Sorry, i'm trying not to do work so i'm babbling/procrastinating

Penn and Delmege have only themselves to blame. Their petty catfight played out in the media during 2009 set the club back an immeasurable amount. Instead of building a fan base and a solid sponsorship list on the back of our 2008 premiership and WCC win, we looked like a shambles as the two owners carried on like school kids. Instead of looking like a professional and successful business enterprise, we ended up looking like amateur hour. What sponsor in their right mind would want to be associated with that ?

Now Lowe may not be in the running for CEO of the year, but if he was brought in to specifically settle the waters and get everyone heading in the right direction, then I have no problem with that. We were going to self destruct if Penn and Delmege kept carrying on like they were, so we wouldn't even have had a team to worry about getting sponsors for. Fair enough in my book if we have to suck it up for another year to get ourselves back on track and sort the ownership issue out.

Like I said the biggest crime here is the devastating loss of opportunity that was just pi$$ed away in 2009. That is hardly Graham Lowes fault.

I'd love to see Manly do what Bradford are doing (even though they have kept the major sponsor). They get all of the Sponsors over a set amount put them into a draw and the winner get's to be major sponsor for a day.

While some people might not like Joe Blogg's Plumbing Services proud sponsor of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles it could possibly generate more sponsorship for the club in the future with other small companies jumping on board and who knows maybe a big one.

Chip & Chase link said:
Penn and Delmege have only themselves to blame. Their petty catfight played out in the media during 2009 set the club back an immeasurable amount. Instead of building a fan base and a solid sponsorship list on the back of our 2008 premiership and WCC win, we looked like a shambles as the two owners carried on like school kids. Instead of looking like a professional and successful business enterprise, we ended up looking like amateur hour. What sponsor in their right mind would want to be associated with that ?

Now Lowe may not be in the running for CEO of the year, but if he was brought in to specifically settle the waters and get everyone heading in the right direction, then I have no problem with that. We were going to self destruct if Penn and Delmege kept carrying on like they were, so we wouldn't even have had a team to worry about getting sponsors for. Fair enough in my book if we have to suck it up for another year to get ourselves back on track and sort the ownership issue out.

Like I said the biggest crime here is the devastating loss of opportunity that was just pi$$ed away in 2009. That is hardly Graham Lowes fault.

I beieve you are spot on C&C.

I have mentioned this before but i don't think we'll have A major sponsor next year but possibly 3 or 4 minor ones and i don't mean AAA and Alsafe.

Jersey may be split 3 or 4 ways with sponsors on it or even 3 or 4 different jerseys with them sharing the games.

just my thoughts

Chip & Chase link said:

Maybe Delmege should have paid his share of the bills in the summer of 08/09 and none of this would have happened hey?

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=185878.msg305850#msg305850 date=1289616966]

Maybe Delmege should have paid his share of the bills in the summer of 08/09 and none of this would have happened hey?
[/quote]

I just wonder if he had the capacity?
Oh, and that 9 mill house of his was in the paper for 7 today.
Interesting times, eh.

Our Jersey sponsor should not just look at the future,but look at the past as well,Pepsi obviously,P&0 and a few others spring to mind,MB Personal Training anyone? :p

Hell we could even go with Myers,might as well have a fancy brand name on the silvertails,while i thank them for the limited support who the hell is Quantum? Can we not have sponsors who are more financially viable? URM would be a bad look but hey,our team could take the waste of space that other teams are off the field

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6